• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charcoal Canister needed for Renix XJ?

BlueCuda said:
Let it hang out under the hood, it has some kind of restriction in the end of it from the factory it looks like.
Yeah I noticed that, I think it is a 1 way valve so if the Jeep tips over it won't spill gas everywhere. Well if you guys don't notice any ill effects I'll just let it chill. Thanks everyone.

ROADLESS said:
BigBlackHeep,
ROADLESS has fallen ill. Will send pics when he recovers, sorry for the delay!
Sorry to hear about that, no rush on the pics. Tell him I hope he feels better.

I used to have mine zip tied to the little support bracket which the horn was mounted on, sorry didn't have a picture with it there but you can figure it out,
2006686-1.jpg

It was getting in the way, so I pulled the tubing up under the hood and zip tied the vacuum canister just behind the distributor (93XJ).
I was able to fit it underneath the coolant overflow tank in my 90XJ, you can just barely see it
IMG_1341-1.jpg

I can take current pictures of my set up if wanted

ttocsnekia said:
I used to have mine zip tied to the little support bracket which the horn was mounted on, sorry didn't have a picture with it there but you can figure it out,
2006686-1.jpg

It was getting in the way, so I pulled the tubing up under the hood and zip tied the vacuum canister just behind the distributor (93XJ).
I was able to fit it underneath the coolant overflow tank in my 90XJ, you can just barely see it
IMG_1341-1.jpg

I can take current pictures of my set up if wanted
Yeah thats quite a deal you have going on there. I think I may just whack the whole system out and if I start to smell gas too bad, I'll probably mount it on one of the horn brackets. Thanks for the ideas.

hey hey boys i live in canada and i have a 97 jeep cherokee xj 4 L 6 Cyl and all of them have the canister on there soo it's not the cold weather lol

Back