• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter run to Frank Raines OHV April 8th

I made a call to the Frank Raines ranger station. they said the park will be open this weekend. Hopefully the rain will stop long enough for us to have some fun.

Looks like a small group so far. Anyone else planning on coming?

I am coming. I will bring plates, utensils and napkins for everyone. As well as trash bags. If Farmermatt decides not to come, maybe I can con him into some home made guac dip.:loveu:

I will be there about 830-9 to find us a spot if need be. I dont plan on doing much wheeling, I am looking to enjoy some people!

Bryan C. said:
I made a call to the Frank Raines ranger station. they said the park will be open this weekend. Hopefully the rain will stop long enough for us to have some fun.

Looks like a small group so far. Anyone else planning on coming?

Thanks Bryan, I know that the owners of the surrounding property are pissed off because the dirt bike and quad riders are cutting the fence and riding on private property. It is bringing a lot of heat to the park. They were talking about temporarily closing the park to evaluate the situation. You know what that means, once they close a place it takes a long time to get it reopened. Just a little brain food. Looking forward to wheelin with you guys again, and meeting new people.

just curious, is anyone else bringing the family (wife or kids)? I'll be there with my wife and daughter who is 15 months old.

Also, since I've never been there, will I be ok only having a 3.5" lift on 31's with just a t-case skid (as well as recovery points)?

JoesXJ said:
just curious, is anyone else bringing the family (wife or kids)? I'll be there with my wife and daughter who is 15 months old.

Also, since I've never been there, will I be ok only having a 3.5" lift on 31's with just a t-case skid (as well as recovery points)?

Not sure about how many will bring their families this time. the weather outlook isn't great for the day either. You will be fine with your set-up. The first time I ran the rock I was set up similar to that. Should be fun.

JoesXJ said:

I will have my boys with me 8, and 11. Can't leave without them, lol.

Sorry guys but it looks like I am out as well. Not getting any sleep and I am WAY behind on my domestic duties around the house. Plus I have some stuff that needs to be done to the XJ first and I have had no time for that either.

HAVE FUN and be safe.

Mark

Bryan C. said:
So far for the BBQ:
I will be bringing some hot dogs and buns
Joe and family will be bringing a 7 layer dip and chips
Anyone else want to bring along something?
Looks like I am coming alone. The passanger seat is empty, I am coming from Bay Area, will be testing my stomach by driving on 130 all the way from Grant park.

Can I have some help deciding what to bring for the BBQ ?
Is somebody bringing charcoal, will there be a way to heat things up ?

Thank you,
Andrey

Slonopotam said:
Looks like I am coming alone. The passanger seat is empty, I am coming from Bay Area, will be testing my stomach by driving on 130 all the way from Grant park.

Can I have some help deciding what to bring for the BBQ ?
Is somebody bringing charcoal, will there be a way to heat things up ?

Thank you,
Andrey

Charcoal and a small BBQ if you got one would be great. My BBQ disappeared after the last Hollister run in November. :(

So I'm bringing hot dogs and buns.
Scrappy is bringing plates and napkins and condiments. :)
Joe is bringing dip and chips.
Chris is bringing drinks.

Anyone else?

My passenger is bringing a side dish of some sort. Maccoroni Salad or something like that. Count me in for a desert type food too. Probably brownies or cookies.

Again, I will be there at about 9ish. That way if we need the big patio, I can get it early for us.

Scrappy said:
My passenger is bringing a side dish of some sort. Maccoroni Salad or something like that. Count me in for a desert type food too. Probably brownies or cookies.

Again, I will be there at about 9ish. That way if we need the big patio, I can get it early for us.

Yeah see if you can get the covered BBQ area. It will be on your left as you enter the park. Thanks Matt.

tvisXJ said:
I'll be there. Thanks for the post over at PacificKrawlers Bryan.

~T

Glad to hear you are going to make it.

Well the weather looks like it will be better than expected. The forecast still show a 20% chance of rain so bring some rain gear if you got it.

CB channel 4

Ben, you still want me to bring the cylinder head?

how exactly do you get there?? I cant seem to find any address to mapquest it. I'm comming from Madera Ranchos (Fresno area). OH, anyone got a cell phone incase I get lost...I have no CB?? Thanks!

Joe you want to follow me over? Your welcome to if you can be ready to roll at 730.

Directions for you.... Get to I-5. I like to take Ave 7 through Fireball. Then take i-5 north and exit on the Patterson Exit. Should be about 30 mins from 152. Then head west off the highway, and turn right on your first road. That road will take you all the way there. Cant miss it. Its a good 18 miles IIRC.

I dont have a cell that works right now, so if you need me. Try to get me here tonight. Otherwise, see you there.

Matt

From the i5 freeway, take the Sperry Road/Diablo Grande Parkway exit in Patterson. For those driving North on i5, hang a left at the end of the off-ramp. For those driving South on i5, make a right at the end of the off-ramp. Then make your first right on Del Puerto Canyon Rd. The park is 17 miles into the canyon. The picnic area will be on your left at about the 16 mile mark and the actual OHV area is about 1/2 mile further down the canyon. Remember to pay your $5 at the gate. There isn't any gas or services once you are in the canyon so stop and get what you need before its too late.

Joe, sorry but there is no cell service in the canyon. They have a payphone at the park gate but that's it.

Looks like Ill be seeing you all tomorrow. Ill have my 7yr old nephew and possibly a buddy in a stock landcruzer along. Whats next on the list for the food. Im down to bring some more meat...dogs..burgers...

Back