• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Moab run 2010! MAY 21 - 23

What weekend works best for you? You can pick more than one.

• Last weekend in April

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • First weekend in May

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 2nd weekend in May

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 3rd weekend in May

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters
I'm trying to avoid I-25 and I-70. I don't think I could drive North on I-25 at less than 80 mph. I'm thinking of going 50 if I go. Still haven't decided for sure.

Fred, if you follow me, you won't be going faster than 65 at any point, and 60 uphills max... We are planning on coming home on the southern route... over Medano Pass in Great Sand Dunes NP. :)

We could hammer out a tentative trail list if ya like..... modify it once we're all in town after the first run together.... :dunno:

I'm curious how many first-timers we're gonna have? If we have a decent group of first timers, then Hell's Revenge is always a great trail to "cut your teeth" on and get a flavor of what Moab 'wheeling is like. I think it'd be a great run for all of us to do together for one day of the weekend.

Kinda depends on the capability of the rigs showing up..... some may want to do hard stuff like Pritchett Canyon or Area BFE, others may be only interested in runing mild trails. But in Fall Fling events past, the majority of event attendees all met at the City Market grocery store, took a look at the numbers and rigs and broke up into groups - hardcore, moderate and easy.

I'd really like to run Steel Bender one of the days I'm there. It's a moderate trail (31's and a locker with skids/armor at a minimum). It's my favorite trail there. Other than that, I think everyone should do some surfing and see what trails they'd like to do and lets throw some trail names out there and see what sticks.

I think we can certainly plan a trail run list for Friday, Saturday and Sunday - the majority of the group will be there for those days it appears.

So, how 'bout this for a start:

Thursday: Moab Rim (Moderate), Gemini Bridges (easy) - dunno if any hard core guys will be there yet, but Area BFE would be good with a small group.

Friday: Group run of Hell's Revenge (this way we can all meet, get an idea of the rigs and capabilities of the group to plan Sat/Sun runs)

Saturday: Poison Spider/Golden Spike/Gold Bar (Moderate and a FULL day run), Cliff Hanger (easy/moderate 31's & a locker).

Sunday: Steel Bender (Moderate 31's/locker/skids/armor), Kane Creek (easy/moderate, can be run open/open according to some folks)

Another thing that we may have some folks interested in are night runs! get some rock lights rigged up! Area BFE would be a great place to do a night run, and there are other trails out there.... :thumbup:

bringing this back to the top for confirmation -- Wacky and I are thinking we want to run Hells Revenge with the rest of you all on Friday morning... is this still the plan? Meet at Milt's to get some grub and stage at what time Friday AM?? :eyes::peace:

Hell's Revenge: Let's make it easy and stage at the City Market parking lot say 9am Friday?

Hell's Revenge: Let's make it easy and stage at the City Market parking lot say 9am Friday?

OK, but if I don't get my Milt's fix, I'll be cranky... :shocked:

I was planning on joining ya'll on this run, but I just found out that my son's award banquet has been moved from the 28th to the 21st.

I'll be coming along with you guys. I'll be coming in on Wednesday.

OK, but if I don't get my Milt's fix, I'll be cranky... :shocked:

What is this "Milt's" you speak of? What time did you wanna meet there then? I'm not much of a breakfast person - I hate 'wheeling with a full gut but I'd be down to hang out and get some O.J. or sumpthin'.

I was planning on joining ya'll on this run, but I just found out that my son's award banquet has been moved from the 28th to the 21st.

Well that's a bummer Jeff. Can you join us on Saturday?

YUMMMMMMM!!!!! small town burger joints are awsome!

It is too -- and its right at the bottom of the road to slickrock, so convenient for those folks... 9am, either place is fine, just means I have to get to Milt's at 8:30.:chef:

Since I won't be able to make it this year, I'd like to wish you all the best and I hope you all get a rash on your hootus.

Awww, aint that sweet. I'll have a Milt's chilli-cheese-burger with a side of cheese omlete for ya, and be thinking of you out street racing Daniel's classmates. ;)

Since I won't be able to make it this year, I'd like to wish you all the best and I hope you all get a rash on your hootus.

I believe, as there are multiple males involved, that would be hootus', or possibly hootuses, maybe even the preferred "hootai."

I was hoping you'd have a front bumper vendor give away. You will be sorely missed.

So, is there an official Thursday am Denver area / I-70 caravan departure location / time?

Last edited:
We replaced the steering box, rear brake line, a tie rod end and the drive shaft last night. We are now down to the small stuff.

No time to replace the clutch before Moab so I will have to take it easy on it.

SteveT - Ben and I are meeting at 3:00 pm on Thursday at the Home Depot at 53rd and Wadsworth. Feel free to caravan with us.

Back