• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Meeting/Run?

MMIXJ said:
not sure what the delay is from the chapter officers (thought the plan was to give more notice this time)

terry

Funny..... I don't recall your raising your hand to pitch in as an officer at the first chapter meeting.... :rolleyes: Step up or quit yer bitchin'.

But seriously, I got the ball rolling - Spring Creek was my suggestion. I suggested the 19th, but that apparently didn't work for the majority. So, since it will not be likely that I'll be able to attend this run - I didn't think it was appropriate for me to go making the scheduled meeting place and time.

That's what all you Chapter members are supposed to do - and have been doing. Ya gotta post your ideas and preferences so that plans can be made. Those of you lurking and not posting your preference - won't be heard.

Since it appears that Tom is keeping a busy schedule outside of NAXJA, allow me to finalize the plans???

Final plans:

Meet in Downieville at 10am for the Chapter meeting. This way those that can't make the run can make the meeting.

After the meeting is adjourned, then y'all head off to the trail and have a blast!

Noon is too friggin' late to be hittin' the trail.

There. Are y'all happy now? :moon:

YELLAHEEP said:
Funny..... I don't recall your raising your hand to pitch in as an officer at the first chapter meeting.... :rolleyes: Step up or quit yer bitchin'.

?!
i wasn't bitchin' just making an observation... (and for the record the only reason i didn't raise my hand to volunteer is i knew i didn't have the trail experience that i presumed would be desirable for NAXJA officers).

check the thread and i think you'll see i've been "stepping up" to try to make this happen; course now that you've made it "official" at 10am, you've excluded me... but no worries.

i'll be heading up there w/ aaron to run the trail around noon. anybody else interested is welcome to join us.

Sorry I didn't post back on the timing thing. My only concern at this point is the snow. Any opinions as to the possibility of being snowed out?

MMIXJ said:
?!
i wasn't bitchin' just making an observation... (and for the record the only reason i didn't raise my hand to volunteer is i knew i didn't have the trail experience that i presumed would be desirable for NAXJA officers).

- No, it's because you haven't ponied-up for a membership yet..... Get yer name in red and I could appreciate your criticizm a bit more.

MMIXJ said:
check the thread and i think you'll see i've been "stepping up" to try to make this happen; course now that you've made it "official" at 10am, you've excluded me... but no worries..

- I just looked over the entire thread before I posted and looked at what the majority seemed to want for a meeting time. Wasn't trying to "exclude" anyone.

C'mon Terry, I've 'wheeled with you on more than a few occasions and I know that you enjoy the club and events. Put up for the membership and make your contributions count! If you're gonna be critical of the officers - who have to be members - then do it back channel.

old_man said:
Sorry I didn't post back on the timing thing. My only concern at this point is the snow. Any opinions as to the possibility of being snowed out?

LOL!!! C'mon Tom! Last I checked, you had a 4-wheel drive XJ..... What's a little snow gonna hurt? :roflmao:

Besides, the bad weather is on it's way out and Sunday is supposed to be in the mid 70's last I checked.

Y'all get yer rigs fixed and go play fer cryin' out loud! I'm just wishin' I could attend.....

Mighty big talk from a guy who can't keep his rig running. :laugh2:

I won't be able to make this one my wife already has plans. :tears:
led

old_man said:
Mighty big talk from a guy who can't keep his rig running. :laugh2:

LOL! Yeah, well don't make me bring up Carnage...... :gag:

I think my Heep is having some sort of rebellion or something. I've replaced every friggin' sensor now and it shouldn't have any reason to act up. Probably a jealousy thing - started acting up ever since I brought home the '04 GTO..... :dunno:

Well then Burger King at 10am it is. I look forward to meeting you guys. I would plan on at least a little snow though and plenty of mud. Hopefully it will clear up and I think it is going to. Here in Winter Park we got about 3-4 inches, but Steamboat got about 17 inches. Will the meeting be inside some where? Anyway, see you guys at 10am!

David

Dont look like I am gonna make it. Work is not cooperating. Plus I have so much to button down before moab.

jrsxj98 said:
no no lets hear about carnage.

You were there.... :laugh3: :wave:

:D

Don't say mud. I HATE mud. I REALLY HATE mud. I grew up on a farm and had to deal with mud for way too long.

By the way, did I say I HATE mud???????

Well ok then........ I guess the meeting part of this run is cancelled?

3 officers can't make it due to prior commitments......
the fourth ain't goin' because it'll be muddy...... :bawl:

Gawd, I hope the California guys don't see this thread..... :shhh:

So are we still meeting at 10am, even without the meeting? Just checkin.

I didn't say I wasn't going. I just said I HATE MUD. I will be there by 10:00am. It seems a bit early if we are leaving at noon, but I will be there. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Hopefully someone shows up who can trail lead since I've never been on this trial.

Back