• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter fund raising...

yes, I think that it is a good way to help the chapter and distinguish a trail ride from out with some guys to organized club.

Absolutely. This came up a few times during the nominating/voting and I don't remember any negative comments regarding it. I think an idea like this would be well received by the chapter.

What about any other ideas? I'm not sure what our limitations are as a chapter, but is there a limit to what funds we can have on hand? If not, I would like to see a "constant" $500 in our accounts at all times. In the Nat'l BOD forum, I'm getting some good ideas for fundraising, but they need to be tweaked for our chapter. It will be difficult with only 30 active members, but I really believe we can do it! We have 2 events each year that I think will pull in some good cash: IC on the Rocks in Moab in the spring and Geostache in Aug (if we continue this- if Ryan and Dave still want too). They did awesome at getting raffle prizes last year without national help! I would also like to be able to brag about being able to donate $1000 a year to a land use cause! Am I being too unrealistic here, or is this doable? We have a very close chapter here and things are running smoothly! I just wanna improve on an already great thing!

I think that the thought and idea is good, but money is a sensitive subject to a lot of people. This coming from a bank stand point and seeing the way that each individual handles their accounts. I think that the donations have to be timed away from Christmas and other holidays. The big events are good ways to get donations because people feel like they are having the opportunity to get something in return through raffels. A $1000 donation would be great, but with 30 active members, that is roughly $35 each on top of your membership dues, magazine subscriptions (jeep related not girls) parts for your jeep, the new trail donation that we would like to do and we arent even on the trail yet.

I think if we want to make donations succesful, they have to be done in a way that people dont feel as if they are donating. Maybe something like a yearly calander that can be bought with a mark up or Chapter Hats, Coats, sweatshirts, stickers, things that people might want and be willing to pay for. Another key would be to get the commitment like our last hoodie order for who wants what before we put the money out to buy it.

I really like that callendar idea! With all the photos that are normally posted after chapter runs, it should be very easy to get 12 good photos for the calendar. I finish up my finals this week and could start looking into pricing and places to have it done if that's what we want to do.

Israel said:
I really like that callendar idea! With all the photos that are normally posted after chapter runs, it should be very easy to get 12 good photos of Chris for the calendar. I finish up my finals this week and could start looking into pricing and places to have it done if that's what we want to do.

Fixed it for ya.

I talked to the manager of Inklyes in Layton and he said that they do custom Calander. 12 months are $20 but he would do them for $14-$15 if we get 30 or 18 months are $30 and he would do them for $20. We could start them any month and he said right now it would take them a week to a week and a half to get them all done if we want to do it. We could have a meeting set trail dates and put all of that information on the calanders and then mark them up to help with donations. Just a thought.:compwork:

We could try and get pre-orders for calendars now and have them ready to hand out by our party in January.

How about having people pay to get their picture in the calender???
This is a fund raiser. Have people submit picture and they pay $5 if their pic get chosen. Can we add text to the pics to give name and location?

Chris could fund the chapter with his 18 month calender:D

XJBANKER said:
I talked to the manager of Inklyes in Layton and he said that they do custom Calander. 12 months are $20 but he would do them for $14-$15 if we get 30 or 18 months are $30 and he would do them for $20. We could start them any month and he said right now it would take them a week to a week and a half to get them all done if we want to do it. We could have a meeting set trail dates and put all of that information on the calanders and then mark them up to help with donations. Just a thought.:compwork:

XJBANKER said:
I think that the thought and idea is good, but money is a sensitive subject to a lot of people. This coming from a bank stand point and seeing the way that each individual handles their accounts. I think that the donations have to be timed away from Christmas and other holidays. The big events are good ways to get donations because people feel like they are having the opportunity to get something in return through raffels. A $1000 donation would be great, but with 30 active members, that is roughly $35 each on top of your membership dues, magazine subscriptions (jeep related not girls) parts for your jeep, the new trail donation that we would like to do and we arent even on the trail yet.

I think if we want to make donations succesful, they have to be done in a way that people dont feel as if they are donating. Maybe something like a yearly calander that can be bought with a mark up or Chapter Hats, Coats, sweatshirts, stickers, things that people might want and be willing to pay for. Another key would be to get the commitment like our last hoodie order for who wants what before we put the money out to buy it.

An idea to psychologically ease the giving we could not change at every run. But identify certain runs for land use issues and ask for a 5 dollar donation and give half to a land use cause. If people donate over 5 dollars we still only get 2.50 the rest still goes to the cause.

It would also highlight land use better in the club.

When I talked to him he said we could have the Calanders start any month we want. Also I think that the entry fee is a good idea, then maybe we could post up all the pics that are entered and then vote on which ones make it into the Calander. I would think about having them start later in the year so we could plan weekends for runs and meetings and add that into the calander.

Back