• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Champion Truck/SUV Plugs?

BillBraski said:
Yeah thats true about GM's, but many people run Delcos in lots of non-GM makes and models. I know as fact that Champion Coppers are great plugs in just about any engine, Jeep or not. They are OEM designed plugs that have way more research invested into them. Bosch plugs work well in a few engines, but not many. Autolite are not much better than Bosch IMO. NGK is my 3rd choice after Delco and Champion.

just so you know ngk makes the ac delco plug.
mike

94xj6.5 said:
just so you know ngk makes the ac delco plug.
mike
I am only aware of 1 type of plug NGK manufacturers for Delco and thats the Delco Rapid Fires (As far as I know, never used as OEM). I have seen that the Delco is called "Pro Iridium" and the NGK equivalent are (I think) NGK TR55??
Autolite has been a second suppler for Delco, I never heard of NGK doing the same.

The bottom line is, as somone already pointed out, copper conducts electricity better than platinum, therefore, a copper electrode plug will require less power.

BillBraski said:
I am only aware of 1 type of plug NGK manufacturers for Delco and thats the Delco Rapid Fires (As far as I know, never used as OEM). I have seen that the Delco is called "Pro Iridium" and the NGK equivalent are (I think) NGK TR55??
Autolite has been a second suppler for Delco, I never heard of NGK doing the same.

The bottom line is, as somone already pointed out, copper conducts electricity better than platinum, therefore, a copper electrode plug will require less power.

They are all resistor spark plug designs, so the copper conductivity is not relevant. Also, the copper (core) is internal and the platinum is external on the steel electrode tip. You can have both, either or neither IIRC.

The only consistant complaint I have heard universally is that BOSCH platimums do not work in jeeps, but the other brand platinums seem to work OK. I have 25,000 miles on my Autolight platinums in my 87 Renix and they still look brand new.

Back