• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cb radio

Do you have a Fry's Electronics by you?

I've got a Cobra 19 Ultra II. Got it on E-bay for a reasonable price. Works great for me. One thing I had to keep in mind was the physical size of the radio.

I had to mount the CB but also had a 2 meter ham radio to fit in the rig also, along with other toys.

I bought a midland on Ebay from a vender in florida, cost like $30 shipped to my door. Fine for trail use.

i got mine in my grandpa's closet...my one before that came from a pawn shop

I got a nice one from Radio Shack that has weather and a digital compass. It's also small enough to mount under the dash on the drivers side. Make sure to get a quality antenna and you'll be good to go.

I got a nice Uniden CB/PA from Walmart for 30 bucks

Get 'em anywhere. They are all the same power, 4watts if I recall. A good antenna is key in having a good radio setup.

i got mine for 40.00 on amazon, and a walmart antenna works good on the trail.

Starscream918 said:
I have a Uniden (IIRC). Wal-Mart sells them for $40. I only use it on the trail and it's fine. You can get a Cobra which is a very good unit, but it'll cost you more.

Cobra is made by Uniden. Same radio, just more chrome.
Ron

Back