• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Catalytic Converter bypass pipe?

AFAIK, its just illegal to remove it completely and not put a new one on. How do you know its bad unless you remove it and look at it? I would think you'd be encouraged to replace your Cat regularly, so that it still WORKS the way it should....

mikeforte said:
And Rev doesn't make points with these noobies by calling them morons either.

Not trying to make points with anyone.

I call them as I see them.

And Red was not talking about you, of course....you know that.

Rev

From the Magnaflow/Car-Sound website:

"If the ceramic inside your converter becomes clogged or coated with carbon, lead or oil, then the converter’s efficiency is greatly reduced"

From Random Technology:

Direct Fit Catalytic converters - Note that it is illegal to remove a properly functioning catalytic converter and that aftermarket catalytic converters are not legal for use on OBD2 vehicles in California (some 1994 and 1995 and all 1996 and later vehicles).

"Under Federal EPA regulation, replacement of original catalytic converters is allowed only if the original converter(s) is missing, or the vehicle has more than 50,000 miles or is at least five years old and the need for a replacement has been established and documented, or a local inspection program has determined the existing converter is in need of replacement."

Its easy to call people names on a forum.Any man worth his salt wouldnt bother calling names to anyone unless it were face to face.

mikeforte said:
Well he has to be an old fawker if he was working on rigs when I was a sperm/egg because if I make it to October I will be 60.

And Rev doesn't make points with these noobies by calling them morons either.

Unless your name is jakec...this wasen't directed at you.

as to the second part....if the shoe fits....they can wear it....the other options for calling them something is much worse than a moron.

But you knew that.

Back