• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carolina rock shop tube doors

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
Does anyone know how much they charge for tube doors? I'm looking into getting some, so if anyone has any ideas on how much they cost, or who else makes them, post.

I'll call Andy and ask him for info on people who has them.

I just made my own. Not as fancy but does the job. Having tube doors rock. The visability, and the highway AC, ahh, can't beat it.

Last year when I checked with CRS, they were something like 250 w/o mirrors. But that might have gone down or up depending on the cost of steel. Juice

$250 sounds about right however steel prices have been going up a lot lately so it might have changed. I'd definately go with a set of these though, they're pretty high quality and use Tj door handles which is sweet. I'm so ready to get rid of my doors, might have to call up the rock shop myself pretty soon.

Talked to Andy today $275 without mirrors $325 with.
704-525-5109

275 is for both doors? That sounds like a pretty sweet deal though, the whole mirror thing is way over-rated, considering you can get one off of an f150 and be done with it for 20 bucks

It's not a tube door, but for less than $100 this is what I did.

halfdoor2.JPG

The pass side is still to be done. This one I just kinda did as a test to see how well it worked. When I do the other side I'll take photos and do a write up on it.

Used door = $40
latch = $10
mirror = $20
Metal = $20
Drink holder = $5

Daryl

Man you better do that write up so we can all copy you in one way or another. I like the affect you got, but I think I'd rather do like a wrangler half door type thing. Either way, I can't wait for that write up.

xjj33p3r said:
275 is for both doors? That sounds like a pretty sweet deal though, the whole mirror thing is way over-rated, considering you can get one off of an f150 and be done with it for 20 bucks
Yes both doors.

xjj33p3r said:
Any idea on shipping to 75043??? I emailed them two days ago, but they never responded...
some times it takes a couple days to get to check the emails. call the number sat morn and ask Will or Andy.

JEONLYEP said:

Is this an original idea or did you get it from the orange Toyota 4Runner that was the cover vehicle for 4wheel Drive and Sport Utiliity? Boobed with a 350 and Canback cover?

Just curious.

Also, what gauge metal did you use to close up the voids once you cut it?

Fergie

Back