• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caption this pic!

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
From early Friday evening...

DSCF0533.sized.jpg

oh dang!

The grub in question is the agave worm (gusano rojo) and there are several theories about its presence in the bottle. One of these is that the worm guarantees the strength of the distilled spirit. Another is that the worm is supposed to endow special powers and is said to have hallucinogenic properties. The addition of the worm to bottles of mezcal dates from the early 1950's and while consumption of it has become somewhat of a young man's rite of passage

Last edited:
"i always wondered if it would look different after 14 beers!"

"i wonder if i can get the bottle to the guy next to me in the sweet early 90s Nike Air t-shirt before this little bastage slides out..."

was that the worm or a cigarette butt I just swallowed???

BOB

Gene MJ said:
oh dang!

The grub in question is the agave worm (gusano rojo) and there are several theories about its presence in the bottle. One of these is that the worm guarantees the strength of the distilled spirit. Another is that the worm is supposed to endow special powers and is said to have hallucinogenic properties. The addition of the worm to bottles of mezcal dates from the early 1950's and while consumption of it has become somewhat of a young man's rite of passage

All complete bullshit from Mexico.

That worm is the result of a gross out contest in TJ between a well known group of SoCal surfers, but specifically, Mickey Dora and Phil Edwards. Although, there's a famous picture in Jack's of Hobie Alter after 22 caterpillars and 22 shots....

It turned into a cult thing for SoCal surfers in Mexico. Gusano Rojo? There ain't no Gusano in TJ or Ensenada, the bar owners had to send every kid in town out hunting for anything with more than 8 legs on the weekends. Gusano is the result of some marketing genius here in the states ( A Surfer). You dopes just drink it up and chew. Ever wondered why the absolutely worse TQ comes with a worm?

Further, it was Mickey that got involved in the first Gold Coast mescal distilleries.

Ricia for us. Stupid fawkin worms for you.

:D

--ron

"As I look through my telescope, my big toe looks a little like Uranus"....or maybe Myanus....Hey, I can see my house from here ( as he falls out of the chair into the camp fire!)

"You're right... that sure doesn't look like a worm to me either...I think someone hocked a luggie in there...I'm gonna go throw up now..."

Only moments before I got the stuff.

DSCF0535.sized.jpg

Mac says "I'm not drinking that turd, I'll pass it to Gene, i bet he will eat that thing!"

actually...i was thinking...

mac "do you think that this shit would make the tmaxx run" gyvr

macgyvr said:
actually...i was thinking...

mac "do you think that this shit would make the tmaxx run" gyvr

Did it? JIM.

Back