• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant decide.. spartan locker for the 30... or???

well you NEED the shocks
you WANT the locker.

Do it to it

X2

Lockers, IMO, are to finish a build after an appropriate lift, shocks, winch, recovery, and armor.

You can get yourself in to some trouble with lockers and not having the appropriate "mods" to accompany em'.

Again this is my $0.02. Lock it, wheel it, and have fun.

ya i've put a hefty amount of money into this thing recently. franks OTK steering t&t track bar, frame stiffeners, sye, steel for the rocker replacement, control arms. i've built 4 bumpers within the last month

Again...Wtf? stock pump and box and pitman and old fluid locked on 35's and super low pressure. worked just fine...

spobi. seriously.

I have a Spartan in the front of my XJ, it works great and I never ntice it on the street. That said, in 4low it really does make for increased steering effort. Even with my new pump, rebuilt steering box, and a cooler my pump will start whining at me by the end of the day when I'm wheeling. That said, I'm going to keep it in there until after the hydraulic assist is done. If it still annoys me I'll be getting an ARB.

So in4aride, because yours works fine everyone else's is suppose to too? Looks like dutchVDub agrees with me.

So in4aride, because yours works fine everyone else's is suppose to too? Looks like dutchVDub agrees with me.
No its because your point is invalid and irrelevant. There is no reason to think that the stock gearbox or pump can not handle or are unsafe with a front locker.
The disco axle thing is dumb, in 2wd your hand has enough force to prevent the possibility of the locker engaging. You will not feel an auto locker in 2wd in the front axle.

You are arguing points about a part that you self admit to not even having. So your argument is moot.:nono:

Back