• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Canoes on Jeeps...pin 'em up here

PM me if your up, I always enjoy an adventure.

I'll do it. I usually head up that way end of June, first weeks of July.

P6165510.jpg

Got the canoe out today

BTW. That old red and white canoe my grandfather hand built out of wood and aircraft fabric. It's still hanging in my parents garage 60 years after it was built.

BTW. That old red and white canoe my grandfather hand built out of wood and aircraft fabric. It's still hanging in my parents garage 60 years after it was built.

Best pictures EVER! Thanks for sharing them with us! :clap:

Actually there is no way I would get rid of my XJ as long as it is still drivable. :) What would have to get traded is how I use my limited vacation time.

The common way of buying a Lake Powell houseboat is through a "shared ownership". Up to 18 owners per boat are allowed, bringing the price down to less than what I have invested in my Cherokee. If I were to rent a boat 1 week a year, every year, the cost would be equal. If we went more than that it would definitely be cheaper to buy a share. The trick is finding not only the right boat but the right group of owners.

If I were to rent a boat 1 week a year, every year, the cost would be equal. If we went more than that it would definitely be cheaper to buy a share. The trick is finding not only the right boat but the right group of owners.

Is that cost include the cost of maintenance to? With a boat the cost to keep in running can far out weigh the payments.

Yes, remember the maintenance is also divided amongst the pool of owners. A well organized group of owners takes this into account and includes this in the cost of ownership. Others just charge an assessment to the pool as things need to be done. The only thing that could make that unbearable is if the quagga mussel gets into Lake Powell. It has been a plague on the east coast and recently got into Lake Mead. GCNRA is really ramping up their efforts to inspect most boats for mussels before launch but it will only take one to introduce them to Powell. They quickly spread, covering EVERYTHING that is submerged for any length of time. That is the one thing that scares me about boat ownership.

Show me a picture of a houseboat on a XJ. :D

its just a tight focal range so the depth of field is blurred in the fore and background, emphasizing the subject... ..emulating what a tilt-shift lens does.

looking at models or small toys makes our eyes naturally focus in a small area.
the tilt-shift lens emulates that effect by narrowing the focal range of the exposure.
check out these videos shot with a tilt-shift lens:

http://www.vimeo.com/1831024

but honestly, its just the fact that its a nice camera - Canon 5dm2

Back