• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you flip an axle

Jes said:
There's one...
picture.JPG

That axle has had a little more than just a flip. Unless my eyes are falling out that looks like a portal axle and I have never saw a portal axle where the axle center line was lower than the wheels. Maybe this came from a low rider Jeep cruisin' the mall on 24" spinners before they flipped it.

87manche said:
what if you removed the tubes from the pumpkin and swapped sides, then swapped knuckles? Just curious.

you would still have to deal with oiling issues concerning the now higher pinion bearings that were previously under the oil line

shortxjdoug said:
you would still have to deal with oiling issues concerning the now higher pinion bearings that were previously under the oil line
No, I meant swapping the tubes from side to side, that way the pumpkin would stay upright. I can't see why not, but iikd st`}ed abovo, just go and find the`ight axle to begin with and save the trouble time and $.

Re: C`n yny flip an axle

Orp|ou cou|b just find a chevy HP44 that is passenger side drop and save yourself the time and efford nf f,kpphng.~. they aren&t txct hard to find and for the most part are fairly cheap. Not to mention it's a HP

LilRedRover said:
Or you could just find a chevy HP44 that is passenger side drop and save yourself the time and efford of flipping... they aren't that hard to find and for the most part are fairly cheap. Not to mention it's a HP

Ummm, there is no such thing.

LilRedRover said:
Or you could just find a chevy HP44 that is passenger side drop and save yourself the time and efford of flipping... they aren't that hard to find and for the most part are fairly cheap. Not to mention it's a HP
Yeah, like the ones that chevy put in their baja chevettes. HP front 44, HP60 rear, 205 case, 454 h.o. motor....and bumpers like the ones that came on the "BAJA" edition S-10's....:passgas:

Jes said:
Ummm, there is no such thing.

Whatever dude, stop the hating. You obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about. :rolleyes:

scorpio_vette said:
http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/Dana44_2.htm

check out picture 37 (there are 2 picture 37's. look at the 2nd one)
not only does the picture not show the pinion, the description clearly states it is a low pinion.

ChevyDana44.jpg

Chevy used millions(?) of low pinion, passenger side drop, D44s. If they ever used a high pinion it was extremely, extremely rare.

Back