• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can anyone recommend a good freight carrier?

hawk_sixsix

NAXJA Forum User
I often see great deals for large items like axle assemblies and engines, but the seller requests all of the shipping arrangements to be handled by the buyer. Can someone recommend an inexpensive, reliable shipping company?

Inexpensive won't happen, it is freight after all. I've herd people use greyhound a lot for big stuff and claim it is the cheapest.

I used Uship.com to get a complete dana 30 delivered from Phoenix to San Diego.. and I paid right around $100. The guy picked it up from a the home of a NAXJA member near Phoenix, pakced it and secured it very well in his truck, and delivered it to a set of jackstands on my garage floor.

Couldn't have went any smoother.

foward air is the one I have seen used a lot. I believe you have to drop it off at one of their terminals and pick it up at one of them too.

Pilot shipped my cage from cali to here. Idk what the guy paid to ship it tho.

I know pilot called me several times to verify id be available to receive the package. Pretty good CS if ya ask me.

Back