• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can a 2WD xj be converted to 4WD

or maybe not.... might take some looking but a compatible AW4/t-case combo can cetainly be had for a decent price...
mike

sidriptide said:
and being a 2000 i suggest putting a 99 cross member and trans/t-case mount on the list as "must have".. the unit was redesigned for 2000 and off-sets the whole assy a full inch.. the 99 parts will keep it centered..
mike

what's this all about? which direction did the 2000 crossmember off-set everything? i just reuesd my stock 2000 cross member and sure didn't notice anything like that.

matthew

i stand corrected. i saw your comment about the off-set cross member in another post so i decided to measure. sure enough, the drivetrain is offset to the pass side by about an inch. i guess thats better for my 8.8 (also slightly offset) but it may explain why it took so much work to get the linkages to work.

matthew

Back