• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CalROCS Johnson Valley September 19 - 21 - Who's heading out??

sintax

NAXJA Forum User
I was planning on going out on Saturday for the events, camping out at our old camping spot (about 150 yards from the events) and watching the finals on Sunday. Will anyone else be heading out? I will have my stock XJ out there and might be with my buddy and his semi-stock xj. I would like to meet up with some guys if anyone is going out.

i'll post all of the info incase anyone missed it.

-Scott

-------------------------------------------------

ITINERARY: "2003 Series Finale"
Round 4, CalROCS 2003 Championship Series
CalROCS 2003 Championship Presented by CalROCS/NARRCA

Dates: September 19 - 21, 2003
California

September 19, 2003: Friday

1pm: Vendor/sponsor set-up
3pm: Competitor Check in/ tech inspection at the Ramada Inn, 1511 E. Main St., Barstow, California
7pm: Close check in and tech inspection

September 20, 2003: Saturday

7am: Last chance Tech inspection @ the competitors parking/camping area
9am: Drivers meeting
9am: Spectators gate opens
10am: Competition begins

September 21, 2003: Sunday

9am: Drivers meeting
9am: Spectators gate opens
10am: Competition begins
4pm: Projected end of competition
Results: Posted within ½ hour of the end of competition
Awards ceremony: Within 1 hour after end of competition

Admission fees

Adults $10.00 per day, Kids 8 - 15 $5.00 per day
Kids 7 yrs. & under Free
Food and Beverage Vendors will be on site
Restrooms are available

=ONLY DOGS ON LEASHES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE COMPETITION AREA=

Directions

From Barstow; travel highway 247 to Northside Rd, left on Northside 4 miles to Harrod Rd., right on Harrod, then left on Granite Rd., Follow signs to event site, about 2 miles.
From Victorville; take Highway 18 to Camp Rock Rd., 4 miles make right on Granite Rd., follow signs to event site, about 2 miles.

I will be out there, I am camping at the end of Boone rd on the left just before the wash crossing that leads to Means dry lake bed, I will arrive Friday night and will be stayin until Sunday. I will be in my big ol Ford, have not finished the Jeep yet. Come on by and say Hi

I'll see if I can track you down, I have a good idea of where you are at. I have ridden dirt bikes out in that area since I was 4. I do not know the street names too well though. I do know where means is though. What color is your truck? Maybe I'll bring my dirt bike out to scout out the area. I can cover more ground that way.

PS. too bad your jeep is not done yet, I am dying to check that bad boy out. No way I could convince you to tow it out so I can fondle, I mean check it out? :D

-Scott

Send me an e-mail and I will send ya pic of the truck so you will know what to look for and also directions of where I will be. Nope won't be bringing the jeep though no brakes or driveshafts yet, makes it real hard to get down the driveway to load on a trailer
[email protected]

Glad I got to run into you there today, sorry I did not get to hang out too long, was a long hot weekend and I wanted to beat the traffic home.

Fullsizexj said:
Glad I got to run into you there today, sorry I did not get to hang out too long, was a long hot weekend and I wanted to beat the traffic home.

Fully understandable. We left just after 12 too. It was just getting too damn hot. I'll be looking forward to some January events ;)

nice meeting you guys though.

-Scott

Back