• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calling all Zj's

1998 5.9 ZJ np 242 swap with tcase bezel and VIC updated to show 2wd.

Otherwise stock with a rebuilt transmission.

Just turned 233k yesterday.

mac 'wife's dd' gyvr

Nice Macgyvr with the niner!

I have a 98' 5.9L ZJ as well (deep slate color).

120k with swapped in 231 t-case
hp30 4.88s aussie locker, arb cover, truss
Ford 8.8 4.88s aussie locker, solid cover
Clayton 4.5" long arm going down to 33s but on 35s currently, took out the
2" spacers last weekend.

Troy

Here is what my old zj looked like. It had 6.5" lift on long arms and 33's. Stupid me decided to trade it for a truck. Wrong decision.
zjoffroad3.jpg

I DD drive a 95 I paid $400 for 2 yrs ago. No lift on 31's.

Mine is getting close to road worthy..

Wish NAXJA would have picked up NAGCA before VerticalScope did, we could have grown a bit had we known.

pic2012001.jpg

Nice zj. I really like the 96-98s! I'm on nagca.com from time to time. I didn't know of the change in web hosting but always saw lots of ads on the website that aren't jeep related.

Looks like you guys have some cool zjs. I'm leaf springing the rear of my 95 hopefully this month. Money is tite right now..saving for a older rv or a suburban to pull the 95 over to the badlands. The swap was suppose to be started last week. But my dd 97 started acting up. I said screw it an going to put a 242 tcase in it along with a hp dana 30..

Took the wife an kids wheelin on Labor Day weekend an damn with 4.5 lift an short rear arms it felt like it was going to roll over every where we went. It was the first time for the kids going...they were scared at every turn. I don't want to leafspring it in the rear but long arms are out of the question right now. We gotta make it to winterfest...

Weird. I haven't had any issues with mine acting like that. I love the way it handles on the trail. Maybe you have really soft springs.

If i remember correctly, you can find some 3" lift coils for the front and just put your stock front coils in the rear for a 3" lift. That is what i had on mine when i got and that kit was from rough country. Never had any problems with it.

Ur right that is a common cheap lift on a zj is the stock rear coils to the rear and 3-4" aftermarket front coils. Lots of feedback on that and other cool zj mods on nagca.com

Yep I've read that. I'm going to get 4.5 springs new front an rear for it. I want to get away from pucks. I'm hoping it will handle better on the trails. My sons are scared to death to ride in it now. It feels like its going to roll over in every off camber situation. It scared me a couple times.

Back