• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

calling all xj's in the 915(el paso tx)

Sanch, it looks like you and I might be switching places, I have a job interview for the dallas area in a couple of weeks!

I am going to be moving to El Paso around November from anchorage Alaska. I am hoping to find some future wheeling buddies to get me feeling like I’m at home. I have a 1996 XJ somewhat stock. I got a good friend by ft. hood that does a lot of fabricating and we have plans to transform my XJ to something of my liking. Does anybody know where I can find some good deals on parts in El Paso? I am looking for a d44 front and rear with 4.10 gears and Detroit lockers for both. Also I am in need of a good lift so I can stuff some 38's I have left from my 02 tj I sold. I am aware of the need for a sye kit. I don’t want to spend too much on it, but I want to start with my axels first and work my way into the lift down the road. I currently have 31 in BFG AT's. And I believe when I bought my XJ it has a 3 inch lift not too sure though. I am trimming the fenders up before I head to TX. I have a good friend that works for daystar so I got the cheap 1 3/4 inch coil over spacers and rear shackles for free. There is some decent amount of room and don’t have any issues with rubbing. I guess what I am getting at is I can’t wait to get out to El Paso and check out what there is to offer me and my XJ. I want some suggestions about what anyone may think about building up an XJ all over again, and what you would do differently now from previous experiences.

I am going to be moving to El Paso around November from anchorage Alaska. I am hoping to find some future wheeling buddies to get me feeling like I’m at home. I have a 1996 XJ somewhat stock. I got a good friend by ft. hood that does a lot of fabricating and we have plans to transform my XJ to something of my liking. Does anybody know where I can find some good deals on parts in El Paso? I am looking for a d44 front and rear with 4.10 gears and Detroit lockers for both. Also I am in need of a good lift so I can stuff some 38's I have left from my 02 tj I sold. I am aware of the need for a sye kit. I don’t want to spend too much on it, but I want to start with my axels first and work my way into the lift down the road. I currently have 31 in BFG AT's. And I believe when I bought my XJ it has a 3 inch lift not too sure though. I am trimming the fenders up before I head to TX. I have a good friend that works for daystar so I got the cheap 1 3/4 inch coil over spacers and rear shackles for free. There is some decent amount of room and don’t have any issues with rubbing. I guess what I am getting at is I can’t wait to get out to El Paso and check out what there is to offer me and my XJ. I want some suggestions about what anyone may think about building up an XJ all over again, and what you would do differently now from previous experiences.

thats gonna be a nice climate change....im from kenai,AK and when i moved here(texas) it kicked my ass....lol...if ur ever in the austin/san antonio area let us know so we can get a few of us together....Rich

yah i am expecting a big climate change. i am originally from buckeye arizona so i know how the heat feels. do you know of any good parts stores in the el paso area? i have some money saved up and have been tossing ideas of what i am gonna do to my xj.

Back