• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Call of Duty

I don't play online anymore. I had my fill of online FPS games back in the marathon/quake/quake3/UT days and don't care anymore about playing online.

I play the campaigns and the COD series is a joke when it comes to story. They just take random situations and slap them together and call it a game. They need to do what the old FPS games did, remove solo and just develop and market an online only game. The majority of people buying these games are there to play online. Most of my friends who play online say they never once touch the single player game so why bother wasting time/money to develop any single player content at all.

Marathon!! That is old school. Remember the BOBS and the bikini girl code? "They're Everywhere!"

ill go back to playing single player when they invent true artificial intelligence, as opposed to the scripted dances they call gameplay.

i cannot stand replaying a leval, and knowing where people will come from ahead of time, it feels fake and scripted. on a single player game, you turn up the difficulty and the bots just get unreal, its fake. SO FAKE. On multiplayer, you have the option of who you wanna play against, noobs or clans. there is NOTHING better than online gaming... anything else, is playing with bots...

Marathon!! That is old school. Remember the BOBS and the bikini girl code? "They're Everywhere!"

We used to play marathon at my old office way back when it was all about local lan play. Back when bungie was cool and not bought by MS :wow: .

I loved the old quake editor, we made so many awesome maps and then so many just insane unplayable yet fun maps.

Just read the Marathon comments. God that was a fun game. I did the same thing iwannadie did at work at my old job. One Friday evening, me and 3 friends(one was the office owner) played Infinity until 7:00 AM the next morning.

If you want to get all old-school nostalgic, you can download an open-source copy of all three Marathon titles and play them on any PC or Mac: http://marathon.sourceforge.net/

Back