• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico Halloween bash.

mattyj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone going.

Whitewrecked.jpg

Mule Canyon - Calico, California
Thursday, October 29th - Sunday, November 1st

The organized runs will be on Saturday, October 31st - November 1st.
The Wrecked will be in Calico starting Thursday, October 29th wheelin’ and camping!

Saturdays Line-up
9:00 am: Gather for Trail Run
10:00 am: Organized Trail Run
4:00 pm: Social gathering in main camp
6:00 pm: Raffle
8:00 pm: Night run in the Canyons
Late Night: “Get Wrecked at the Keyhole”
Sundays Line-up
10:00 am: Clean-up Trail Run

Trail Gear is sponsoring this event and will be donating a lot of gear to the raffle

Other Groups and Companies donating to raffle:
GenRight Off-road
Wrecked4x4.com
Info here.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808826

http://www.wrecked4x4.com/Forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=jncpqmfg25b8t90b26ud8u5ep6&topic=4.75

Last edited:
Man, if I save some gas money between now and the event.

Hey Matty on a hijack kind of note, saw you win that mechanics challenge at the US Open, great job! But what will you be doing now that Chris Blose is riding for Hart & Huntington?

Hey Matty on a hijack kind of note, saw you win that mechanics challenge at the US Open, great job! But what will you be doing now that Chris Blose is riding for Hart & Huntington?

I'll still be working at the Troy Lee Honda team. We are just in the process of signing our new riders.

Thanks for the props on the mechanic challenge. It was a fun little event that scored me $1250 :D

Hope to see you at Calico.

I'll be running nightmare gulch

I would love to go but i dont think i will be able to afford the gas to go all the way out there

Which day are you running the trail?

Saturday, It's closed again on Sunday.

Where is it??? Is it an organized event??

El Paso Mountains, between Mojave and Ridgecrest, just some friends going out. You're welcome to join us, but the buggy may be a little overkill.

Im off to Calico tomorrow. If any of you boys head out there, look for a motorhome flying a boxing kangaroo Australian flag. I'll be parked in Mule Canyon. Come say whats up.

Wish i cuold afford the gas. 3 wheelin' trips in one month is a no-no for me... well not really but my kid wants a DS lite for his BDAY and what kind of a fther would i be if i didnt buy him his BDAY gift and instead spent it all on my heep. :p

well not really but my kid wants a DS lite for his BDAY and what kind of a fther would i be if i didnt buy him his BDAY gift and instead spent it all on my heep. :p
Is your kid old enough to understand the "but wheeling is what keeps me (relatively) sane & willing to put up with the rest of life!" argument I gave my teens?

I hadn't been out to Calico in about 3 years, so it was pretty fun to go back.
There were tons of motorhomes and 4x4's out there....but even with the big crowds the trails were never really too packed.
I just kind of did my own thing and cruised around.....

here are a few pics...

54.jpg

89.jpg

64.jpg

51.jpg

96.jpg

97.jpg

93.jpg

Matt, I had a great time out there, thanks for the hostility. It was nice to have someone to talk to, sense I knew no one there.

Here are a few shots from when my son and I were out messing around. I had never been to Calico before, but I will certainly be back.

DSC03622.jpg

DSC03623.jpg

DSC03633.jpg

DSC03659.jpg

DSC03738.jpg

DSC03730.jpg

DSC03749.jpg

Back