• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico anyone?

next time stay to the right, no damage! lol

I have driven up that thing so many times with maybe a rain gutter kiss. Always tried to get my right up on the asphalt.

Interestingly, the last two times up I was spotting my kid, and we get rock rash. Oh well. He's proud of it.

where is that Calico trail? map?

it's a town, its near calico ghost town, you hop off on calico road and head to mule canyon rd which is the first dirt road you come to. It leads you to the camping area, from the camp grounds you head further up to doran scenic dr and you'll come across the doran trail and huge gatekeeper, I wouldn't try it unless your locked front and rear and 35's

37750–37768 Doran Scenic Dr
Newberry Springs‎ California‎ 92365
United States

Paste those coordinates into a google map search, it dropped the pin right at the edge of the pavement.

Doran is actually between Mule Canyon and the Ghost Town/campground. Mule will take you up to the top with plenty to explore behind the ghost town.

For the rocky canyon you'll want Doran/Odessa

Paste those coordinates into a google map search, it dropped the pin right at the edge of the pavement.

Doran is actually between Mule Canyon and the Ghost Town/campground. Mule will take you up to the top with plenty to explore behind the ghost town.

For the rocky canyon you'll want Doran/Odessa

I've been there once, I thought Doran rd was to the doran trail, my bad, I was in a group so I know it more by feel than direct direction, and I dropped the pin there with the assumption that was the correct rd

Side note/off topic:

rocknxj, I love the way your Jeep looks in the avatar. :)

Back on topic, I have yet to run Calico. I've been there, numerous times, but never with the rig.

From Yucaipa and never ran Dorin/Odessa? That should be a crime.

If I was that close, I'd run it regularly. It's a great little scenic, rocky loop with just enough mild challenges to make it fun, but not stressful.

New on here, think its my second post. A few of us are heading out march 22-25 to Calico. I run open diffs and 32's, we go through most stuff out there with no problem. i live in apple valley and go out there pretty often. If anybody is heading out that weekend and has never been there, let me know. We're always looking for new people to wheel with.

Back