• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CAD Drawings

NW99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just curious if anyone is willing to share their drawings of XJ bumpers or anything else they've drawn up in CAD for their Cherokee.
I work with Solidworks, and CadKey, so anything in the following formats I can play around with:
.DXF
.DWG
.X_T (parasolid)
.STP
.IGS
.PRT
.SLDPRT
.SLDASSY
I could even work with a dimensioned .PDF to get me going if that's all you have.
Not trying to steal anyone's design, but i'm looking for a platform to create off of. I have no intentions of becoming a fabricator/vendor (I work enough hours as it is - lol) ...just want something to build off of to create my own one of a kind addition to my XJ as a little side project.
Feel free to PM if you want personal contact info, or post up if you have any questions or concerns,
Thanks in advance!

No Inventor, eh? I've doodled a bit but you can't use an .ipt file...

Plus I haven't quite nailed down a few important dims.

You get the point.

Jbumper2.jpg

Have inventor as well, but haven't done any bumpers on it. Something I'll have to tinker with...

I've got SolidWorks 2012, and can import .ipt files...I'll take whatever you're willing to send.
PM me and I'll give you guys my email address.

I actually made an entire cherokee on inventor in highschool. I still have the files for it somewhere along with a bronco first gen files. The interior and brakes etc arent very detailed, but the important stuff like mounting points and bumpers are correct and to scale. Lemme see if I can dig them up on my harddrive.

Just FYI, some people do CAD for a living, asking them to send you their cad files is like telling a carpenter 'oh when your done, do my house next, i want it 2 story though'. Expect a 'XXXX off' response.

How long did that take ya?

It took me FOREVER lol. I got an A in class though. I actually want to dig it up so I can modify it and make a cherokee and a comanche screensaver for my laptop. Also want to show off to some of the other mech engineer guys in class.

Just FYI, some people do CAD for a living, asking them to send you their cad files is like telling a carpenter 'oh when your done, do my house next, i want it 2 story though'. Expect a 'XXXX off' response.
I AM one of those guys, and ordinarily, with such things that would constitute as proprietary information, or directly related to ones livelihood, I would agree with you. But as we're all kin here (jeep community) and in the spirit of all helping each other out, I figured this would be well received and would generate a decent amount of support amongst like-minded individuals. And so far between this forum and my posts on Jeepforum.com, the support, interest, and enthusiasm has been incredible. I fully plan on sharing the design with others, and psoting up pics (screen shots/3D pdf's/etc...) of the progress of the design. This is just a little side project for fun. I'm not a welder, nor any kind of fabricator, I dont even have the equipment to try. But I like what I do (engineering/drafting/design) and Jeeps are a passion, so this is going to be fun! I AM doing all this in my spare time at work, (only access to SW 2012) so the progress is going to be kinda slow at first. Thanks to all who have pitched in and shown interest.

I AM one of those guys, and ordinarily, with such things that would constitute as proprietary information, or directly related to ones livelihood, I would agree with you. But as we're all kin here (jeep community) and in the spirit of all helping each other out, I figured this would be well received and would generate a decent amount of support amongst like-minded individuals. And so far between this forum and my posts on Jeepforum.com, the support, interest, and enthusiasm has been incredible. I fully plan on sharing the design with others, and psoting up pics (screen shots/3D pdf's/etc...) of the progress of the design. This is just a little side project for fun. I'm not a welder, nor any kind of fabricator, I dont even have the equipment to try. But I like what I do (engineering/drafting/design) and Jeeps are a passion, so this is going to be fun! I AM doing all this in my spare time at work, (only access to SW 2012) so the progress is going to be kinda slow at first. Thanks to all who have pitched in and shown interest.

I agree with this. I've got a couple of front bumpers drawn up that I've built (Solid Edge) I would be willing to share. I would like to find a rear bumper (especially with tire carrier already drawn up).

I made this one for my Jeep.

3-2.jpg

And this one for a friend. It looks like a bumper from a know manufacturer but I drew it all on the computer. I'm not sure if it is correct to share something like that or not.

CFB4.jpg

Unfortunately I can't seem to find them on my computer. It may have been wiped off the HD when I reformatted the computer and didn't save it. I do know someone that has the file though. I'll see if I can get it from him next week if I got time. Im kinda a bit bummed I don't have it anymore.

I love the input guys!,
Got a couple fellas on jeepforum that have shared some files as well... i'm in the process of converting the files to different formats right now.

Thats pretty damn cool right there! lol!

Still no Cherokee, but dug up another file I made awhile back and never finished.
CAD.png

Back