• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C 8.25 disc breaks

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all I'm looking for those with pictures and experience with converting the xj 8.25 to disc breaks, BUT with kj 8.25 discs or Tera flex kit.

I know I have other options from the zj but I want only help with 8.25 stock discs or the aftermarket kits please.

Pictures wise ide really like to see how the stock break lines feed into the caliper.

Thanks for the help!

jeep driver thats exaclty what pictures im looking for. Is that your axle and did you redo the brake lines?

Dan thanks but Im aware of how the brakes are mounted, as my original post states i want to see the stock routing on a c8.25 with discs or how others have routed the brake lines.

What JeepDriver posted is a beautiful example of how the brake lines should route. Those are new hard lines, soft lines and new welded tabs at the soft/hard union. My point is, this doesn't change one bit based on which disc brake setup you choose so ignoring the hundreds (if not thousands) of posts about the disc brake swaps because they aren't KJ or TerraFlex is severely limiting the amount of information you can gather. As I said before, the only difference between the install of those kits vs the 8.8 or ZJ swaps is you don't need to grind the inner hole out any.

FWIW, I don't have any pictures but all I did was bend the existing hard line behind and under the leafs and joined the soft and hard with no mounting tab at all. Not the best but will work until I have the time to pull the axle and do exactly what JeepDriver did.

Depending on what you're wheeling through I wouldn't put the brake hose tabs and soft/hard line union on the front side like that... Oh no... that's got "smashed on first rock" written all over it. Weld the tabs and have the unions directly on top of the axle out harm as much as possible.

I skipped the hard lines altogether and routed two braided hoses from the junction on the axle out to each caliper. It was easy to do. Crown Performance is just the next town over, so I told them what I wanted and they made the lines while I waited.

Brake_Line_Left.jpg

Brake_Line_Right.jpg

Back