• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BWE Rear Shock Tower Kits now available!

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
Our sheet metal shock tower kits are now available to the masses!

Click link for pricing:
http://www.boostwerksengineering.com/Rear-XJ-Shock-Towers_p_21.html

Designed with the DIY fabricator in mind, our sheet-metal shock towers will unleash the full potential of your XJ's rear suspension. Combined with a good set of leaf springs, extended shackles and a quality shock, our towers will allow for over 14" of travel! Unlike the typical tube type shock tower kits, ours will allow the interior to stay dry and clean by keeping the shock isolated outside where it belongs (when properly installed).

- The towers have been designed specifically around the XJ's inner fender wells, to provide the best possible fit and ease of installation. The parts are CNC cut and formed from 10ga and 3/16" cold rolled plate, providing more than enough strength for coil-overs without suffering a huge weight penalty.

- Included are 2 inspection plates that allow for easier shock installation, as well as allowing for recharging a shock while still on the rig (non-resi style).

We do not recommended this kit for the novice welder, as it requires substantial cutting and welding of the inner fender for proper installation.

Lower shock tabs and cross tube not included (required).

Kit includes (2 Towers):

- 10ga + 3/16" Tower Parts
- Shock bungs + Hardware
- Full color instructions

That looks like a nice product. Is it sealed for noise and water? How do you access shock bolts?

Just ordered mine. Should compliment the shackles perfect! Another awesome product from you for the rig.

That looks like a nice product. Is it sealed for noise and water? How do you access shock bolts?

Sorry for the late reply Cal. If installed properly they are 100% sealed (seam sealed edges, and a light bead of silicone on the inspection plate). The shock is still isolated on the outside of the rig even-though the tower extends inside the cabin. The shock bolts are accessed through the sides of the tower, which then get plugged after the shock is installed. The access holes are large enough for a 3/4" socket.

Do you concider that cross bar a must with your towers?

I would. The sheetmetal surrounding the tower isn't all that strong. The crossbar will prevent cracks from forming around the tower. I also plan on tying my cage into the towers as a C pillar.

You get my email btw? :)

Back