• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

buying in AZ to bring to CA. issues?

2stix

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine in AZ has an early 99 (11/98 build date) that will make me a pretty good deal on. there are no smog laws at all in his area so he didnt have to worry about it. but to bring it to Ca i will. it is all stock with 190k and he runs a auto repair shop and is a good mechanic so it is in good running order. me only familiar with renix years i have no idea what to expect. any issues transferring reg. to CA? when did they switch to multiple cats and O2 sensors? what should i be looking for or checking on an early 49 state 99?

You won't have any issues. Whether it is a federal or CA emissions vehicle will not matter. The vehicle will have to be smogged here according to what it is, if he has it in good running order and has not removed cats or other smog equipment (aftermarket intake??) it should pass fine.

Back