• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwacker flares... ?

nope pics sorry . but I can tell you I went and bought an air nibbler from harbor frieght and work great for trimming the front and sawzall for the rear .

I like what I see with the Rustys from the pics, and My guess is there is gonna be more tire clearance due to the fact you dont have a big flat area under there. I've read / seen how Buck-takers dont allow the tire to tuck up in. As well the rears are a Huge Pain to install. Rustys are $350 & Wallet Wackers are $450

Last edited:
Fast95Neon said:
i dont like having $400 parts getting ripped off my truck...lol
ive seen them get ripped off wheeling....not for me!

I hear ya, thats why i modified my stock flares. If i break those ill go to the junkyard and grab another.

fenderless is sexy for sure, but when you have to drive 500 miles and it rains the whole way you end up having rooster tails of road grime hosing down your windsheild and the rest of your jeep. i had to stop a couple of times and wash the windsheild at gas stations just so i could see... the wipers just smeared everything. i'll remove my bdubs when i wheel tho, its not that hard.:cool:

I like the TJ Idea, I too am looking for some ideas. I bought a lot of short cuts on my xj, looks like someone used a rusty can opener and a sledge hammer to cut the wells. They also removed all the plastic underneath. They also didn't seal the rear wells after they cut, so I had to scoop out 6 months of muck from the rear quarters. I was wondering what the hell that smell was.
Anyway, I am not about to toss $400 flares on a $500 XJ.

Does anyone have a TJ Flare write up, or any already cut up, rebuild write up. I already shot about 2 cans of expanding foam in to the rear fenders in hopes of sealing up the holes, but I am not sure what I am going to do about the front, all the mounts and stuff has been smashed/cut out. I don't want to go stock, but able to drive in the rain without holding a umbrella would be nice.

Fast95Neon said:
ill admit fenderless looks pretty damn sexy too!

im not a huge fan of the fenderless look. i think our fender flares are a very distinctive body part. you dont see many other suv's or trucks with this look.

Bushwackers and arb snorkle is possible you just have to cut the flare a little

SD531273.jpg

had my BW's on for two years and have laid it on it side, rubbed rocks, and hit trees and have not had any problems. I think mine are the newer ones. I think people complain about them for a couple of reasons,

1.they like the look of cut fenders (I have 3.75 backspaced wheels and they stuck out to far for me and my truck looked "hillbilly" acording to my wife and friends,

2. they can't afford them

3. they cost more than they want to spend on that upgrade and would rather put it elsewhere. (valid point)

4. looks

5. clearance ( lift it up more)

6.the cost of having them installed if they can't

7. or they just like to complain

I love the look of bushwackers and would put them on again. if it is a trail rig only why waste the money in my opinion but for a dd they help out a lot. I think the tj flares look like band aids

Back