• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper building

I'm thinking of going back in there and actually going to their remnants section like I did, pull out a section of steel and hand it to them for them to calculate. At the rate I was looking at, it would probably cost me around $500 in just material to make both bumpers. I can buy premade ones off eBay for cheaper.

Just got back from another steel supply place, holy crap it was a ton of money. I didn't buy anything but a couple little pieces to make the steering box brace (little school project). I might make a write up on it if anyone is interested.
Their 2x6" square tube was almost 22 dollars a foot, their 4x6 square tube was 37 dollars or something a foot. I was planning on putting a flat 4x6 piece in the rear and making 2x6" for the front.
Keep in mind that I need 5 feet appox. for the front and about 6 feet for the rear (the rear is a few inches wider I found out from quarter panel to quarter panel). I'm just thinking about making tube bumpers now, would tube bumpers be harder or easier to make? Just a double tube bumper.

YEOUCH!!!! Without looking it up I know for a fact I could get you that stuff for a 1/3 of that price and that's probably with shipping included. Give me a shout through PM or a call if you want, that's crazy man!

Back