• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj139

NAXJA Forum User
OK, maybe I'm an idiot but could sombody please explain what "bump" means. Why do people put it in threads? I am guessing it somehow renews old threads or something? I would love to understand this. How does it work? I searched, but...

On many (most?) forums, it brings the thread up to the top of the page. ('renews' it, as you suspected...)

Also on threads that have an active poll within, voting on the poll will 'bump' that thread up to the top of the page - without the voter having to post any text. This can be confusing, seeing a long-ago post pop up out of the abyss... but the moderators can usually spot it and lock the old poll down.

On our for sale/wanted forums, the code is set to scramble up the post display order...so bumping (also sometimes known as BTT - Back To Top) does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back