• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built Corp 8.25 and separate ZJ disc brakes

Ivan

I Jeep, therefore, I am..
The Corp 8.25 Axle.....

As the title states, I've got a built Corp 8.25 axle with 4.56 gearing, 29 spline stock shafts, with an Auburn LS for sale, out of a '98 XJ. Axle has about 50k on it, from being built. Gearing was set up by the local shop (Rocky's Off Road - Eureka). The pinion bearing was replaced last year, but the wheel bearings are still in good condition.

The iffy.... It could use a brake job, as the right brake cyclinder just barely weeps. Just enough to collect brake dust around brake cylinder, but it's not like pouring brake fluid. Now would be the time adapt the ZJ disc brakes I've also got for sale, below.

I've removed the ebrake cables to adapt to my new axle, but I will include some brake cables that will work on a pre '97 XJ type of ebrake set up. (Center pull ebrake, as oppose to off set).

I'd like to keep the sale local to the North Coast. However, I do travel to Santa Rosa about once a month, so I would be willing to bring the axle down there and meet you there.

ZJ Disc Brakes...

I bought a ZJ Disc Brake set up, but never got around to installing it. Here is the link describing what you get---> http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=933747

It's all still in the same box I recieved it in. Other than opening up the backing plate hole just weee bit, it's pretty much a bolt in for the 8.25 axle.

Pricing...

Price for the axle is $350.00. That's less than the price of a new Auburn alone.

Price on the ZJ Disc Brake set up is $200, plus shipping which is about $50 due to the weight. I'm just looking to break even.

Package deal for axle and ZJ Disc Brake set up is $500 unless each is sold separtely beforehand.

You pick up locally or I meet you in Santa Rosa next time I'm down there.

Ivan

PM sent on the brakes.

Edit: I see in the thread about the brakes they will not work with a D44.

Thanks anyway.

DAMN! this is a good deal!!!

I give this a few more days until its sold. I would get it, but my 8.8 is just a tad bit stronger.

GOOD DEAL!!!

PM sent on the brakes.

Edit: I see in the thread about the brakes they will not work with a D44.

Thanks anyway.

I have a set of ZJ rear disc brakes on my XJ D44. They will work, just need to open the center hole a bit and redrill the mounting bracket. Not hard to do at all.

Both the axle and the ZJ disc brakes are sold. Thanks for everyone's interest!

Back