• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken stock upper

89RockHeep

NAXJA Forum User
just noticed p side upper is sheered, how safe is it to drive on? no junk yards around, im short on cash as it is, canman is shipping one to me, but i need to know if its half way safe to run just one stock upper? atleast until i get the one from canman in the mail

im assuming you mean upper control arm? which side, driver or passenger? it might depend which one but you could swap it over.

3 links run one upper, but the one upper link that is used is stronger then the stock upper.

its the passenger side,i know that its fine as a 3 link, my question is can a single stock upper hold up to a 3,950 pound rig on 33's any one ever hear of some one beefing the upper? i cant afford to buy a set of aftermarket UCA'S right now(took a massive tax hit) plus i know i could make better ones and would hate to waste that money. but time is kind of tight(first day off in 2 months). and theres not a junkyard near me. so think it will hold atleast for awhile? looking at my steel pile i dont have what i need to make some right now either.

you're fine. Don't sweat it....just don't wheel like that or the other upper will fold like a taco. But as long as it's just light street driving, you'll be fine.

if i could claim my truck as dependent i would have gotten money back haha. I voted republican, i like my trails, and guns(well not that there being taken away yet, but i must say that new tax is total bs)

Thanks to Obama and the new taxes. And it can only get worse before 2012. Maybe half decent people will think before voting democrat next time.

But im also not going to knock our president, he has his views and opinions of what its going to take for the greater good of this country, and some of the taxes are outrageous(im a smoker as well so im taken hits every where) but he is making a effort to better our current state, sure no one wants to give more money to the government, lots of us dont have that spare money to give, but in the end, ending our debt as a nation will help with this countrys overall economic structure the most.i mean come on what else is he gonna do? enforce every one has to spend 50% of there income on useless crap to bring the economy back?i think not. he may not be the best in any of our opinions(or maybe he is) but hes what we have, and WE have to make due.

Back