• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

break problem

i wasnt too far off, this is the
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Burnishing Instructions[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After installing new brake pads, make 6 to 10 stops from approximately 30-35 mph applying moderate pressure.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Make an additional 2 to 3 hard stops from approximately 40 to 45 mph.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DO NOT DRAG BRAKES![/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allow 15 minutes for brake system to cool down. [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After step 4 your new pads are ready for use.[/FONT]

What happens when you press very hard on the brake pedal? Do this with motor running, but Jeep in park. You may have a leak developing in a wheel cylinder, piston, brake line, or master cylinder. Your initial complaint indicates this problem.

i have no leaks anywhere. i have checked the whole system 2 times and there is nothing. i went wheelin yesterday and i had no problems with them at all. i dont know what caused this but it seems to have fixed it self. im going to flush the whole system and see if that helps in the long term.

You say you put new pads on it. Don't know if you included rear brake shoes. If the rears are out of adjustment, it could take two pumps sometimes to get them to come up. And the stock XJ rears (and adjustment) are a weak point. Good luck and be a little careful for a while.

=D i just came across hawk HPS pads from pep boys for 27 dollars... to make it a short story, i bought em and installed em and bedded them in already.
funny thing about my install... is when i pressed in my brake calipers... the fluid overfilled inside my master cylinder and spilled on to the floor and i myself did not fill the container...

Back