• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Problems Help?

Um, not to rain on the master cylinder parade, but also check the front calipers. Had a 'small' leak in the seal around the piston, sometimes the pedal would go to the floor, sometimes not, not easy to see because the dust boot was holding the brake fluid, so nothing was dripping from it. I replaced the M/C only to find out while bleeding it that this was surely the real problem. 88000 and 10 years old, I'm not sorry I changed the M/C, but I'm just sayin'.....

Um, not to rain on the master cylinder parade, but also check the front calipers. Had a 'small' leak in the seal around the piston, sometimes the pedal would go to the floor, sometimes not, not easy to see because the dust boot was holding the brake fluid, so nothing was dripping from it. I replaced the M/C only to find out while bleeding it that this was surely the real problem. 88000 and 10 years old, I'm not sorry I changed the M/C, but I'm just sayin'.....

Second that. Always check for external leaks first.

Back