• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Line Replacement Help

I'm a bit late to the party here but has anyone tried the nicopp pre flared pieces sold at the parts stores? I did all my lines from the prop valve back with this stuff last summer. It easily bends by hand which made doing the dreaded passenger side front line a breeze. Supposedly it never rusts either.

I'm a bit late to the party here but has anyone tried the nicopp pre flared pieces sold at the parts stores? I did all my lines from the prop valve back with this stuff last summer. It easily bends by hand which made doing the dreaded passenger side front line a breeze. Supposedly it never rusts either.

I use these when I don't have time to be flaring stuff myself. Bends like a dream.

TBH, when I have time I use the same cunifer line, just in 25 foot rolls, and flare it myself. It flares as easily as it bends. An OEM 24364 inline flaring tool from autozone for 25 bucks is all you need on an XJ, aside from that one funky fitting mentioned a few posts up. Funny story, that fitting only exists so the factory can use the same rear frame brakeline on both abs and non abs XJs, with a short adapter line from the funky fitting to either the MC or the ABS HCU as needed. Simplifies their inventory of bulky delicate parts. So feel free to eliminate it when redoing the rear line.

We sell the nicopp at Napa but it is pricey I priced a fella a 20 inch section for $9.99 the poly armour line is easy to bend we sell a bunch of that kind and steel compression fittings.

Back