• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Leak!!!

Well i got the brakes all buttoned up bled the back with no problem so far no leaks. I am finally at the F/R tire and the damn Fitting is stripped out...ugh. I was using a 3/8 line wrench but it was stripped by a previous owner or brakeshop... anyway instead of replacing it they left it there. So i went to advance paid my 2.50 and go me a couple more. But i have PB blasted the whole damn thing and my vise grips just keep rounding it off even more. :flamemad:I swear the next project i buy will be a lil newer... So I am letting some more PB blaster soak into it a lil better then i will go give it a last ditch effort. If this dont work i will have to bleed it from the line which will leave a small amount of air trapped in the system. :( I will need to replace these calibers with in the next few years anyway. I think the rust is the only thing holding it together. But until then if you have any other ideas that i good have possible missed just let me know.

Rebuilding brake calipers is actualy so easy its stupid. You can get kits for dirt cheap. I know lots of people rather just replace, but I have rebuilt many calipers becuase sometimes finding a new set is impossible, and its very very easy. All you need is a source for compressed air to force out the piston so the seal can be replaced. A blast cabinet also helps, why not make them look new!

The flare nuts on both of my front lines rounded off. I replaced the rubber lines this summer and used a vicegrip to loosen and tighten the flare nuts.

That works too.

Back