• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake controller wiring (95 suburban)

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
Ive found some info but need a tad more before i start tearing into things...

I have a 95 suburban. Wanting to wire up a brake controller. Ive found that there are 2 wires ran from the factory from the engine bay to the rear end for trailer brakes. They are however not hooked up. There are 2 - 30 amp aux poles on the fuse box. If i understand correct, i dont need the red / orange one ? ( i belive this is for charging trailer battery) Ive also found a "hot brake light wire" from the brake pedal switch.

Kinda lost as to what to do next ? Anyone have experience wiring up a suburban ?

:helpme:

I don't think they added the plug under the dash until 99?

However I think I have it figured out now. Should have it wired up in a few days. I'll post pics for future reference.

maybe.

It's not that hard. I did a dodge that had 0 factory brake wiring. Ended up using the factory 4 pin connector for the lights and just running my own 10ga wire the length of the chassis for brake controller. Used 30A breaker under the hood to feed it power straight from the battery and tapped int the brake lamp switch under the dash.

Back