• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bought a jeep!

jujuCO

NAXJA Forum User
so i just bought a jeep.

99 white all stock one owner 5 speed.

looking foward to start trailing.

is there any trail for beginers around?

Dakan Road is pretty easy...25 South to Wolfenzberger (spelling)...Left on 105, about 5-6 miles on the right. It goes up to Rampart Range road or you can turn around.

Do you mean it is on highway 105?? Cus I live there and I dont know where that is...

Blue96XJ said:
Dakan Road is pretty easy...25 South to Wolfenzberger (spelling)...Left on 105, about 5-6 miles on the right. It goes up to Rampart Range road or you can turn around.

You need to take a left at the T at the top to head into the NF. That wasn't clear when I went up that way.
Not a very fun trail IMO, too many 4 wheelers and dirt bikes trying to do 90mph.

Last edited:
There is a lot of fun just off the I-70 corridor.
http://www.traildamage.com/google_colorado.php?lat=39.8132400000&lng=105.6567700000

This late in the year, stay with the easy, short trips. There is already snow in them thar hills! Most important is to go with someone else while you get accustomed to what your vehicle can do. I kinda got busy all-a-sudden, otherwise I'd be ready to go somewhere.

I'm sure others will post up. One site that has been mentioned for trail rides is here: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=12

It has been highly recommended by others. Aside from a few individual members, I have no first-hand experience with this particular group.

Easy = Cottenwood Pass, Tin Cup Pass
We just took our stock 96 there.. it was easy to do, you will be fine!

Mt. Baldy is easy

If you want a little more China Wall

I highly recommend Charles Wells' books. Especially for someone starting out because his suggestions will keep you from getting into something you shouldn't. After you gain experience you can 'move up' to some more challenging trails.

Back