• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bought a $5 PS2, someone diagnose it please

A friend had his PS2 tray break. He replaced one of the plastic gears that turn to open the tray..that fixed the problem. The first thing i'd do though, is take it apart so you can see what you're looking at (ex. broken gear, etc.). You only spent $5 on it...if you screw it up...oh well.

The fan on the back is supposed to continuesly(sp?) run. It does on the first version of the PS2, at least on the 4 different ones I have played on. Look at getting a new actuator for the slide door. I bet you could send it in and have it refurbushed. But if the cost is too much, might as well by a new version PS2. Some local electronics shops should be able to fix it also.

The problem is with your transductive distribution belt. You need to make sure that all the nodes are linked so that you dont get modular overflow. Now, im guessing since you live in texas you have the LP2145X model which of course has the dual coil transmission rating. With that all you need it a 3.141592654 mm allen wrench to torque the coils to 1,263,534 ft-lbs. After that its just a matter of a little astroglide on the cd trey and your ready to go.

XJ_Vikings said:
The problem is with your transductive distribution belt. You need to make sure that all the nodes are linked so that you dont get modular overflow. Now, im guessing since you live in texas you have the LP2145X model which of course has the dual coil transmission rating. With that all you need it a 3.141592654 mm allen wrench to torque the coils to 1,263,534 ft-lbs. After that its just a matter of a little astroglide on the cd trey and your ready to go.

Dare I ask for a write-up. With pics? ;)

I'll crack this bad mother open this weekend and post up what I find.

I've folded my hat. Geiger counter ready to go.

tinfoil.hat.jpg

caspergotaz28 said:
Dare I ask for a write-up. With pics? ;)

I'll crack this bad mother open this weekend and post up what I find.

just hack the top up so you can pull the drawer out manually when you want to load a disc. you might have to yank out some of the gearing to do this IIRC.

caspergotaz28 said:
Picked it up at a thrift store for $5. Basically the slide-out tray will not slide out. Also the fan on the back constantly runs. So whats wrong with it?

You answered most of it yourself.

Your welcome.

SIncerly,

The NAXJA helpdesk

Next please....

caspergotaz28 said:
I've folded my hat. Geiger counter ready to go.

tinfoil.hat.jpg
Man, whoever taught you to fold a hat doesn't know jack $hit about protecting against electromagnetic psychotronic mind control.

Check this out and prepare to be safe...

AFDB

XJ_Vikings said:

Dont for get there could also be a short to the incabulator helix on the port side. If it doesnt induce 1.21 kiloWatts to the transductive distribution belt it wont actuate the flux capacitor.

If that doesnt help just buy the parts u need off EBAY, lots on there for cheap.

Back