• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

borgeson steering shaft benefits

DaKing

NAXJA Forum User
my steering is crap. So I order a new box, borgeson shaft, pump, and so on.

Looking at the borgeson shaft, it is very much like the factory unit. Just a larger shaft.

So I'm guessing on these jeeps the fail point is the shaft? Who has actually had a stock shaft fail?

I'd definitely see a benefit of using a borgeson on other types of trucks. Like the 1st Gen Rams, They use rag joints and a crapy joint on the box. So, I'd put a borgeson there.

I had one fail at the coupling near the firewall. It's a rubber isolator but is keyed if it fails, just gives you a ton of slop in the steering. I drilled a hole thru it and put a bolt in it. Problem solved.

Instead of opening another thread Ill just post in this this 9ne since I just got a borgeson shaft as well. I just wanted to ask those who have installed one . What was your procedure for drilling a hole through through the steering wheel shaft to pass the long bolt from the new shaft through? I have the steering wheel locked and dont want to turn it because I dont want to brale the clock spring.

Back