• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bored Throttle Body ?s

Are there any TB's from other vehicles that will fit on a 4.0?

I've got the old stock one from my 4.6 Mustang, wondering if it might be workable on the Jeep.

I just did this mod on my 98. Took a stock 98 wrangler TB, it measured 60mm at the top and 55mm at the bottom, bored out the bottom to 60mm. I've yet to see an actual round factory bore on the three TB i've done so far. First was just to take off the taper and see what improvements that did. As stated better throttle response and a little better mid-range (1800-2200rpm) power. Then I took my 98 XJ TB, which measured 60.75mm at the top and 55mm at the bottom taper and bored a straight through to a 62mm dimension. Then made a new 62mm throttle plate, by hand, took a few tries but seems to work. The next TB I bored came from a 2000 wrangler, still the 60.75mm top and 55mm bottom measurements I saw on my 98. I have not seen a 62mm plate yet, does anybody know if they actually came from teh factory with a 62mm plate and what years? Would make things alot easier.

footdale said:

yes but at $38 a piece I'll spend my time in the machine shop. If they were like under $20 then I might think about it, but its only about 15 minutes in the machine shop with the template I drew up in Solidworks.

Back