• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boot Dryers

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
anyone have one that works? sick of putting wet boots on in the morning but don't want to drop a bunch of dough on a POS

have to be able to hold 13's

thanks

The trick with newspaper:

Get a sheet of newsprint and roll it up long-ways. You end up with about a 2 foot long tube of paper, loosely rolled. Stuff one end of the paper clear down into the toe of the boot, and leave the end hanging out of the top of the shoe. Don't worry about crushing the roll, just jam it in there.

The paper will absorb moisture and it'll wick up the paper and evaporate off over night. Works faster if there's moving air(set the shoes by a vent or on the floor under a ceiling fan, anywhere with moving air)
Sounds hokey, but it works pretty good.

If you can pull it off, buy a second set of boots and trade off each day, this allows each pair to dry out completely and gives the shoe material a chance to "rest". In some cases it can double the life of a pair of boots(as in 2 pair of boots traded off last as long a 4 sets of boots bought individually and worn every day)

I already tried the smokestack method and I rotate 3 pairs and on the fourth day they are still wet at the sole, wife won't let me keep ear a radiator because of the smell

Waterproof boots? I do water loss mitigation and am constantly in 6-8" of water. Outsides are wet daily since I hose off every evening, but insides are dry..... :dunno: id you do work with deeper requirements?

I have bought the expensive waterproof boots the past two times and religiously re waterproof them but they fall apart, 4 times a week I used to wade in pesticides that eat away at them but since switched jobs so hopefully new ones will last longer than two months, just having a hard time ponying up the dough for them to fail again

The boots in the kitchen would get me shot by the mrs

homemade.

build box that fits over your register. Install boot shaped PVC pipe with many holes in box.

put boots on pipe, put box over register.

cheap and effective boot dryer.

I use dryguy boot dryers in my ski boots http://dryguy.net/drying.html. They seem to work not the highest quality. It's basically a resistor you plug into the wall that heats the boot and the turbodry model has a fan.

I've thought about making my own and copying this design http://www.chinookbootdryer.com. It's a box with a fan in it and some tubes sticking out. I like the box over a register idea.

I already tried the smokestack method and I rotate 3 pairs and on the fourth day they are still wet at the sole, wife won't let me keep ear a radiator because of the smell
Wow, 'don't dry out in 4 days? Must be WET where you're at, and humid as hell to boot.

'Understandable you're looking for a forced air solution. No personal experience with dryers, never had that bad of a problem with wet shoes.

The PEET style dryers are the best. You don't want to hot or forced air, they can dry out the leather. The PEET style dryers use warm air and natural convection to dry the boots. A word about waterproofing, do NOT use anything with silicone in it, it will dry out the leather. Use boot oil only.

Rev

Gotta wait for the foot of snow to melt but I usually rock the muck boot "sneakers" in the summer

My vote goes out to the Peet boot drier also. It will dry my work boots out overnight as well as the kids shoes that are dripping wet from playing in the puddles on the way home from school.

My boss caved and got me red wings so I should be good but I'm going to pick a peer up for my kids boots

Back