• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boostwerks.com turbo XJ build...

How many of those head flanges did you have made up? Do you plan on selling them? I have a guy with a Pacer with a 4.7 stroker that wants something made. He says he can get the flanges but I don't want to wait on him.

LMK if you are selling them,
David

Thats actually the main thing I'm still waiting on. I had sent a flange I had previously made by BMC to SLS hoping that they would be able to produce them quicker, but it seems like SLS is just dragging their feet. They supposidly have it drawn up and can mill the flange any time, but they have a "large production order" they need to finish first. :confused1

Maybe if you call them up wanting the flange too they will start doing something. ;)

I think as soon as I get the flange back I'm going to find a local CNC shop that actually values the customer. Also being local, I can stand outside until they have my order. :p

Last edited:
What material are you having the flanges made out of, there is a cnc shop down the street from where I work that has made flanges for us in the past. I can get a quote from them if you would like.

In unrelated news, I have just received a sponsorship for the 2009 season with Special Projects motorsports (http://www.specialprojectsms.com/) for my CRX time attack racecar. I currently only have 2 other sponsors, making this a HUGE acheivement for me! With SPM's help the Boostwerks CRX will be one of the fastest road racing honda's on the planet!

Are they doing American Tougé 4 this year?

Get Dori-Dori to drive it - he'll tell you exactly what is wrong with it so you can turn it into a true giant killer.

:D

Thats actually the main thing I'm still waiting on. I had sent a flange I had previously made by BMC to SLS hoping that they would be able to produce them quicker, but it seems like SLS is just dragging their feet. They supposidly have it drawn up and can mill the flange any time, but they have a "large production order" they need to finish first. :confused1

Maybe if you call them up wanting the flange too they will start doing something. ;)

I think as soon as I get the flange back I'm going to find a local CNC shop that actually values the customer. Also being local, I can stand outside until they have my order. :p

I have a buddy that got jerked around for months by SLS. Then shipped incomplete and didn't ship the rest for another month. All the while telling him everything was already shipped. Those guys are douche bags.

Bump for some updates. I'm still waiting on some of my vendors to start the turbo build. I really wish I had my own 3 axis CNC :(

In unrelated news, I have just received a sponsorship for the 2009 season with Special Projects motorsports (http://www.specialprojectsms.com/) for my CRX time attack racecar. I currently only have 2 other sponsors, making this a HUGE acheivement for me! With SPM's help the Boostwerks CRX will be one of the fastest road racing honda's on the planet!

My dad MADE his own 3 axis cnc. It was not terribly hard to do, and he got most of his info off of a forum. It is made of .5in ply fabbed into torsion boxes. I bet he has $500 or less in it, It workes great. It cuts a 24" by 36" swath. Ill see if I can't get the sites he was using. It would easily do this kind of stuff, just slow the speed down a bit.

Give me the actual name of the business, and the the reference number of the order and I'll call too.

Dingo

Bump. Should I call SLS this week? Think it would help?

Definetly, if your interested in purchasing one. That is... if they answer the phone. The last time I talked to them (last friday) Nick said they would get on it this week. Still no updates. :smsoap:

Dingo said:
Give me the actual name of the business, and the the reference number of the order and I'll call too.

Dingo

Straight Line Specialties. I don't have a reference # but simply asking for a Jeep 4.0L head flange should suffice.

Phone #'s: (701) 282-2902

Thanks for your support guys. :thumbup:

Don't know who i talked to, but his attitude towards the whole project sucked!!! I asked him when he was going to start on them, the response was "oh.... sometime next week."
didn't push the subject any more, but his nonchalant "it'll happen when it happens" attitude would be enough to make me look for a different supplier.

Anyway i did what i could.

Dingo

Bryson, you have a PM in regards to the flange.

yo son your pictures are broken

Is the flange a flat part? A buddy used to have an outfit over in Greeley laser cut stuff for reasonable.

yo son your pictures are broken

This was an older thread while I was still in the planning phase. The build thread is here (with pics). Sorry for the confusion!

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1031285

Is the flange a flat part? A buddy used to have an outfit over in Greeley laser cut stuff for reasonable.

Thanks Tom, but I have a good reliable source. My long term goal is to get the whole manifold made for me in cast iron, and offer a full kit. I still have a lot of engineering to do before that becomes a reality however. :confused1

Last edited:
ah true i forgot you had another one

Back