• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bonsai trees?

I am not discourage at all.

I really would love to do a whole mini forest, I've seen those setups and it is amazing. I am knowingly taking baby steps into this though and sadly I am sure, trees will die at my hands.

And then you will have two completely useless topics that consume all your conversations... Jeeps and Trees.
You could dump all that, toss everything, and spend all your free time with your girlfriend,.. and you could have continuous conversations about shoes and purses!

Well, I have some progress, a seedling is sprouting up yay.

I am worried that my little bonsai is "special" though. I think it may be growing upside down? The actual seed is about 1/2" above the soil and it has a nice green trunk growing down into the soil. Now I am not expert but in my mind I imagine the seed staying in the ground and the tree growing upward and the roots encasing the actual seed under the soil.

Is this behavior normal, should I try to up root and flip it over or let nature do its thing?

That explains it better then I could have. :)

Back