• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Body Flex??

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
My brother has a 93 xj with 31's, recently he opened his drivers door while the suspensions was flexxed out and it grabbed his fender and pushed it in, ever since the door to fendergap is uneven bigger gap on top ,almost no gap on the bottom. also the topgap between the door and drip rail is pretty big. You can see light through it when the door is latched.What are his options??chassis stiffener or scrapyard? On my 89 xj I can open and close all doors while flexxed out with exception of the rear gate.

Do you think the unibody is bent?There is no rust or anything .

When I first got mine about 5 years ago it leaked around the top of the drivers door something awful. So not knowing anything about XJs and being foolish I took it to the stealership. The mechanic, drove it about two stalls from the service writers desk, and not knowing I was watching looked under his workbench and grabbed a 4 foot long 4x4 post. He rolled the drivers window down and stuck that post through the window and began to adjust my drivers door with the 4x4 until it would barely close then tweeked it a little in the opposite direction and believe it or not it has not leaked a day since.

Take it to a body shop ($$) and have them realign the door. Then see if that fixes it. if not try a frame shop. It just depends on how much he likes his XJ. if it does get fixed add some strucurer support to those "frame rails"

Back