• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BODY ARMOR Rear Quarter Panel armor???

bikinnotdykin said:
dude just make your own. it looks to me like entry level fab work worth 50 bucks at the metal store and a few hours in the garage. good practice, and I'll bet the metal was flat and bent as he fastened it. have fun!!!!

The metal is already curved to fit the body shape. Probably a little more work for an entry level fab job.

I second the Rock Lizard guards as that is what I have. I seriously doubt that you could bend 3/16" steel by bolting it to the sides of your XJ. Anyhow, heres a pic of mine.
XJQTRPnl1.jpg

BTW, I keep trying to hit them but always end up hitting everything else.

bikinnotdykin said:
dude just make your own. it looks to me like entry level fab work worth 50 bucks at the metal store and a few hours in the garage. good practice, and I'll bet the metal was flat and bent as he fastened it. have fun!!!!

The sides are 3/16" plate. The only metal that would bend if you bolted a flat piece of 3/16's plate to quarter panel would be your Jeeps sheet metal.

railroadjeep said:
The design has changed a little with what lights are used and how they are arranged, but this is the gen 1 early model XJ guards. Thats also the THOR rear bumper they were making

thor.jpg

That is almost the exact setup that I want. The only real difference, is I want it for 2 door all the way to the door, and an integrated flare like what slickrock has.
Are those light boxes built into the body armor, or are they just a box? I want a light box that allows for use of an amber turn signal in addition to the park/brake and reverse.

Yes, the light boxes are part of the guard. Although, the amber turn signal option is a thing of the past, the newer models of guards, IIRC, combine the stop/tail with the turn signal.

uncc civilengineer said:
Is anyone actually selling the THOR 97+ rear guards/boxes??? I would order a pair tomorrow!

Send a PM to Avanteone. He's an authorized re-seller.

PM's returned to those who sent to me.

I have one more set of '84-'96 style in stock and several '97+ style. They currently all utilize the oval tail/stop/turn and a 2" hole for a backup lamp. I have had a few requests for the old style (4" round, plus two small holes for turn/backup) so I will have a few sets of THAT style available in a couple of weeks for the '84-'96 rigs. Please PM me for any more information.

John

jjmat3 said:
I second the Rock Lizard guards as that is what I have.
BTW, I keep trying to hit them but always end up hitting everything else.

Just use them to make sharp turns on trails! Tree's make great pivot points!

standard

standard

Back