• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blue nylon ARB line pinhole

Oizarod115

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

Prepping to leave for tellico this morning, and i was fixing a minor problem i was having with my OBA. Since my air hasn't been working, I haven't used the ARB in a few weeks, and I did not know I had a pinhole leak in the nylon line.

How can I repair this?

-Tim

edit: i know there is a repair kit (PN# ASK001) but right now i am asking about field repairs or something i can get from home depot or something

Last edited:
use some airline compression fittings. they are used on semi trucks under the dash, etc.. most truckstops, auto parts stores should have them.

Simple 3/16 "tube-to-tube compression fittings work. Find at any decent hardware store.

actually you need compression fittings designed for nylon airtube, regular run of the mill tube compression fittings will crush the nylon tubing.i literally build 1000's of hydraulic hoses, air lines, steel tubes, custom D.O.T. brake hoses and air brake lines. there is a difference.

portage, are these the "push in" connections similar to what is found on the ARB solenoid? or are these the kind of compression fittings similar to what is used on steel tranny lines?

-Tim

push in type, also there is a type with a insert that goes into the tube to prevent it from being crushed.

I've used the 3/16 compression fittings to repair a bad area. Works fine as a permanent repair, or untill you replace the whole tube.

Yup, either push-to-connect fittings (usually in the plumbing section at most hardware stores), or wrap it up good with electrical tape for a field fix until you get a chance to permanently fix it.

Back