• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Birthday Wheelin pics

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks Brendan and family for showing up and wheelin on Saturday.

Though there were only 4 Jeeps, we had a blast. We had Brendan and family in his XJ, his boss, Randy, in a CJ, my wife in her TJ, and me in my XJ.

We ran the NAXJA adopt-a-trail. Though it's an easy trail, it is fun. Brendan and I decided that we will have a snow run on it in the winter, if it snows this year...

We then headed down 2N01 to Heartbreak Ridge. We stopped for lunch and the kids had fun picking up empty shell casing.

Then we headed down the trail. Most of the trail is real easy, but there are a few areas that are really fun. We found the Pontiac and ran the ridge. My wife did not like how close the trail is to the edge, but that is why it is name Heartbreak Ridge. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of the ridge, but I got a couple of great pics from it.

There were some nice colors in the changing leaves, nothing like the east coast, but still nice.

Overall, it was good day of nice riding.

There are many trails I have yet to run and will do another run similar to this one in late Nov.

Here are the few pics I took:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=xj7ztxt.1lbwkrgh&x=0&y=-rklogl

I am having issues with Photobucket and unable to post pics right now.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Jump This said:
I saved some cold brews for you all, maybe next time!

:cheers:

Sorry Rick. I did not have your cell phone # and I left the address in the room.

We will definitely get together up there soon.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it, i'm in between all kinds of paychecks now and i have about 40.00 to get me through this entire week, it just wasn't possible :(. Looks like a nice, fun run though, I hope we have the opportunity to run something similar in the near future! Tks for the photos, enjoyed checking them out :).

looked fun, I would have went if I was in town.

BB10-20-07035.jpg

Roberts first attempt....

BB10-20-07038.jpg

A little better after some brief spotting

BB10-20-07041.jpg

Roberts wife, I remember her name, but if I attempt to spell it the way Robert had me remember, I think I would be in trouble.

BB10-20-07045.jpg

My Boss, Randy, took out the CJ for the first time rock crawling. He took the bypass here but hit the obsicles on the way back down

BB10-20-07046.jpg

I picked the line first, I was just the last Jeep through

BB10-20-07032.jpg

The Kids on the XJ jungle jim...

The rest of the picture can be seen here:
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z305/bpking_42/Big%20Bear%2010-20-2007/?start=all

Thanks Brendan. I got your PM. I will send them later tonight or tomorrow morning.

BTW, my wife's name is spelled Odette...... :cheers:

This one and the other two like it on Robs photo page are the BEST !!!!

Curt

BB10-20-07032.jpg

Xtreme XJ said:

Curt

BB10-20-07032.jpg

Thanks Curt. It is awesome to get the kids and families out wheelin. Though it presents a few challenges - potty, tired, hungry, wanting to run around when it's time to move on - it is still fun.

Brendan's kids and wife are awesome! They helped him air-up and all kinds of things. His wife is the official photographer for him!

As for the jungle jim, I told him he needs to make a removable ladder and sliding board.... LOL

Xtreme XJ said:

Curt

BB10-20-07032.jpg

Our future NAXJA members...

Back