• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

biodiesel anyone tried this?

I converted mine to use the carb that the oil companies bought the rights to years ago to keep it off the market that lets you get 100miles to the gallon. You have to know the right people tho to get one.

fender said:
I converted mine to use the carb that the oil companies bought the rights to years ago to keep it off the market that lets you get 100miles to the gallon. You have to know the right people tho to get one.

They are out to get us I say! Out for us!

z56.jpg

Lawn Cher' said:
I ran a tank full from the Flying J in Effingham and noticed no difference. I wonder what the blend ratio was, you know they aren't selling straight B100.

Most stations pump B20. I've seen B100 at a few places around here, but it's pretty obvious and the price is usually higher.

I've been running Bio in the tow rig for over a year with no problems.

-Jon

OT said:
I put Diesel in my truck too.
But, of course, it's a Diesel.
I also put it in my Chevelle years ago, by accident.
It stopped running in about 2 miles.
After cleaning out all the Diesel, it ran even better, due to the chem scrub it recieved.
I accidently put kerosene in my jeep about 5 years ago...it ran great but wouldn't idle to good.

Deja vu all over again:
daxjbubba said:
How do you make a jeep sound like a cummins. ive heard one or two of them with mods and they sounded like a cummins and thats how i want my jeep to sound. What do i do to make it sound like that.
muffler, injectors,Etc.
IXNAYXJ said:
Take out the spark plugs, make the injectors SUPER high pressure, and use diesel fuel...? Buy a CD of diesel motors and play it in your Jeep?

-----Matt-----
-----Matt-----

Well I make Biodiesel....But it's for the M35A2 Kasier-Jeep, not the XJ Jeep...

1678238.jpg

dzolcali said:
I've heard of people converting their normal gas engines to run biodiesel..this isn't possible with the i6? They say that the cummins 5.9 is too big of an engine to swap in etc.etc...other diesel engines made for the canadians and the frenchies and the indians are too weak or just garbage engines/tranny combos...I dunno what about those college kids that converted their cars to biodiesel without swapping out the engines?

This isn't possible with any gas engine. You mentioned diesel several times, don't you realize you have a gasoline engine? You can only run biodiesel in a 'diesel'. Come on now, this isn't rocket science...

ok, i know diesel compresses and uses glow plugs to warm it up and all that, and they run better in warmer climates..but I really am about zero percent familiar with diesel operation, I was thinking maybe it was similar to the air powered engines that are actually just gasoline engines that use air instead of gas, perhaps something could be swapped to make this possible thats all I was saying, I was wrong based on the hearsay that i stated.

right on little white. anyone ever tried air power...or any alternative fuel powered jeeps besides diesel/biodiesel and the likes.
air power seems promising. I bet electric power could work really well off road, maybe? aren't those motors usually good for low end torque my power wheels jeep used to rock the hizouse.

My former neighbor had a 88 or 89 S-10 Blazer with a 4.3L Diesel V-6 in it. I was thinking that it would be pretty good swap to a Cherokee if you wanted to covert to diesel since the injection system is totally mechanical. No computer to deal with.

As for an "air powered" engine conversion?
:bs:

trollow4.gif

trollbz4.jpg

trollka6.jpg

trollwebxg5.jpg

trollei9.jpg

troll20guitaruh6.jpg

trollhk3.jpg

305glq4.jpg

dtrollks7.jpg

trollwx2.jpg

Back