• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bighorns vs. KM2's

KM2's:yelclap:

Bighorn tread is not that soft. Similar to a BFG MT from the ones I have seen.

In snow they are ok nothing great. I'd go with the KM2 but that tread pattern bring the suck in snow wheeling on the krawlers so not sure on that. Sidewalls could still be an issues although it seems to be on most non stickey or non bias tires. Even the sidewall on the krawlers isn't all that great. I wouldn't expect the bighorns to have any better of a sidewall. Between the 2 I would go with the BFG, otherwise they are other tires that work better or have a better track record.

I ran the Bighorns on my old TJ and really liked them offroad. The only gripe I had was that the siping was very shallow and wore out rather quickly. If you drive mostly offroad this probably isn't an issue.
Never run the KM2s, but I have a buddy with them. He likes them but ripped a sidewall on his first trip out with them. Sucks because the tire had less than 500 miles on it.

Depends on the size... Mac's Tire Bin on ebay has the best price 99% of the time. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Macs-Ti...17QQ_sidZ278138107QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322 This was brought up here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=993681
e

This choice is a no brainer unless you are a label whore.
I got my 35's from here and they were 719 delivered.

After hearing more than a few stories about the km2 sidewall I would definately pass them up...

You wont be sorry with the bighorns they are crazy quiet andso smooth.Mine arent even balanced and they run smooth,they are a true all terrain tire that offer decent mud performance.Not to mention cheaper than the km2's

These tires were a huge improvement over the 34" swamper ltb's I had!!!!After the ltbs I ran a set of 32x11.50x15 maxxis buckshot mudders and they were a great tire also so you might want to look at those as well.Maxxis makes great tires IMO.

Last edited:
Hopefully! Do you daily drive your jeep? What style of wheeling? I wanted something that performed well all around rather than excellent in one area and sucky in another. It was hard for me to choose a tire because I daily drive my junk as well, so comfort and noise were a factor but still wanted an aggressive tire for the weekend runs,it came down to the km2's or the kevlar mtr's. Ive only had the km2's for two days now but knew I made the right choice within the first 1/4 mile of seat time,a nice cushy ride,smooth highway cruising and killer traction in the rocks. Nit pick each tire as much as you can, and read up on real world reviews instead of magazine articles. Im sure you will be pleased with either tire, but one of the two has to be more well rounded specifically to your rig.

Yeah she's the DD. I do easy wheeling at the moment. So for indiana it would be Mud, a few Rocks and wooded trails. I know our chapter president(HaleYes) runs the Bighorns and loves him and has told me a few times to get bighorns but I really like the KM2's so I'm kinda torn between the two.

I was looking for tires awhile back. I am a big fan of off brand tires. You can normally getting the same tire/pattern for as much as a 20-40% discount. I got the Mud Dawgs back in January and love them. and I only paid 120 a piece installed. They are perfect Big Horn knockoffs. Here is the web site. http://www.summittire.us/Specs/Pg%2014%20Mud%20Dawg.pdf

:cheers:

No thanks I have heard great things about both the KM2's and Bighorns so its one or the other

Bighorn tread is not that soft. Similar to a BFG MT from the ones I have seen.

In snow they are ok nothing great. I'd go with the KM2 but that tread pattern bring the suck in snow wheeling on the krawlers so not sure on that. Sidewalls could still be an issues although it seems to be on most non stickey or non bias tires. Even the sidewall on the krawlers isn't all that great. I wouldn't expect the bighorns to have any better of a sidewall. Between the 2 I would go with the BFG, otherwise they are other tires that work better or have a better track record.

Its ok the rear tires will be spinning in the snow anyways! :D I don't wheel in the snow anyways(yet) Seems to me that both tires have a good track record but of course the BFG is gonna have more backing since the Company has been in the Automotive tire game a lot longer than Maxxis.They have been in the ATV game a while and are highly recommended for ATV's

e

This choice is a no brainer unless you are a label whore.
I got my 35's from here and they were 719 delivered.

After hearing more than a few stories about the km2 sidewall I would definately pass them up...

You wont be sorry with the bighorns they are crazy quiet andso smooth.Mine arent even balanced and they run smooth,they are a true all terrain tire that offer decent mud performance.Not to mention cheaper than the km2's

These tires were a huge improvement over the 34" swamper ltb's I had!!!!After the ltbs I ran a set of 32x11.50x15 maxxis buckshot mudders and they were a great tire also so you might want to look at those as well.Maxxis makes great tires IMO.

Thanks, I would think riding on square tires would be better than riding on LTB's anyways! :D

I have had mickey thomsons and big horn and the Bighorn blow my mind when it come to performance. It is great in mud and rocks. Bighorn all the way.

Last edited:
I copied this from a D-max forum:

i have handled the BigHorns and the Buckshots for the last 6yrs or so and so far they have been a great tire just not very many miles on the BigHorn but the Buckshot seems to hold up realy well for a MT tire..
if you want to save a few bucks the BuckShots are the ones to go with! the BigHorn is no longer produced,Cooper now owns that mold and its called the Summit Mud Dawg!

Ok looks like these are another option. I looked at the spec sheets and they are identical!

Last edited:
Back