• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest Waste of Money?

JET ACCU Speed.

The one that splices in to adjust the clock pulse out of the tcase. Wasteof money. Change the speedo gear, or just note the difference.
Took the XJ off the road a year after I put it in, and it never did work right.
Total Waste.

I agree with jeepme on the AW shifter which also reminds me to try and contact brett at aw shifting

aw shifter,,,It won't stay in gear and shifts at random

TB spacer - made a nice sound.

Polishing a 30 then after I knew I wasted money turning around and polishing a 44 - should have just gone 60 and forget it.

Not learning to weld was a big waste of money

I agree with jeepme on the AW shifter which also reminds me to try and contact brett at aw shifting

aw shifter,,,It won't stay in gear and shifts at random

Good luck getting a hold of him!!!!! Big thread on Pirate about this. I gave up and got one of these ( rail shifter )
http://radesignsproducts.com/default.aspx

Going to wire it up this weekend

Good luck getting a hold of him!!!!! Big thread on Pirate about this. I gave up and got one of these ( rail shifter )
http://radesignsproducts.com/default.aspx

Going to wire it up this weekend
Bret was having issues with getting emails. He switched his email and lots of people are still emailing the old one. Here's the new one: [email protected]

Also looking at the link you sent, it's pretty interesting, but why buy the whole shift controller when the rail shifter seems to do the exact same thing? Or am I not reading it correctly...

Sofar the biggest waste of my money has been the EDGE trailjammer. It does impove things a bit but not enough to warrant the price!!

I think that I plan too much.:wierd: My worst add on was the RC quick discos...not much more:peace:

Why are they worthless?

and lsd for the d35, still in the box rusting in the shed

Biggest waste would have to have been not buying a brand new lift. I'm kicking myself now. One of my bushings is totally shot and I can hear it clanking on the side of the eyeloop when I go over bumps (which is everywhere). But it lead me to replace them with 4.5" springs which is what I ultimately wanted.

Rusty's track bar. They make a lot of great stuff but that thing sucked. Not a personal experience but several people I know had RC 4.5 leaf packs. Most sagged in a month down to about 2-3", one ate the bushings in about 500 miles. RC also has some great stuff, but not those baby's.

But what's the alternative? Even if you have to keep a finger or two on top of the cup (and I agree I do!), it's still better than clamping a paper cup between your thighs...

My biggest (only?) waste was my very first upgrade: Skyjacker track bar. Stupid misalignin piece of crap. Ought to advertise it as "Bumpersteer in a Box."

Robert

so i havent finished reading this thread, but i went to autozone and bought a cup holder for $0.99. and it hangs off my glove box door.

accessoryProductDetail.htm[img]

It's long gone now, but the biggest waste was a Rusty's engine skid. Not that there was a problem with it, it just wasn't needed.

Back