• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest Waste of Money?

Buying a lifted XJ with aftermarket wheels and tires on it. I then realized the Rusty's 3" lift with AAL sucks for any type of ride quality, so I'm already planning to replace the Rusty's shocks and get new full leaf packs. It also came with BFG's on 16x8 wheels with too much backspacing, which are nice, but replacement 16" tires are about $50 more a piece than 15" tires, and the fake beadlock wheels are $40 more than 15" soft 8's.

I thought I was saving money, but in the end, I'm probably going to build the damn thing all over again.

Cup holder mounted over the E-Brake

$900 to get my tansfer case serviced after I drove home in front wheel drive because i snapped the rear u-joint... never going back there again :flamemad:

And bushwacker fender flares... cracked like crazy after many contacts with rocks

Wife...oops did say that? just kidding
Stock parts!
Motor mounts, track bar & mount, cheap exhaust clamps
It broke for a reason, but $$'s tight.

I'm in the AAL, lift block boat. I thought I was going to bastardize some S-10/RE AAL then learned about shackle angle, D'OH
Going to run AAL/Block and drop brackets w/stock arms for now.

Dustin_XJ said:
i love my buchwacker flares and am glad i spent the money on them.

I agree. I spent the money for the Bushwhacker brand and love them. Anytime I have gone with the cheaper item, trying to save money I end up hating it, breaking it and replacing it with the nicer part in the end. To avoid slandering certain 4x4 accessory manufactures I will forego listing all my hated items. The companies I love would be R.E., thanks for making quality, Bushwhacker also quality, Mount Logan Off Road In Utah, nice Quality of labor, and prices. I could go on, but will stop here.

I love my cupholder. :)
My can of chew gets stuck in it and hot coffee always wakes me up early..before I even drink it.

buying wagoneer axels instead of 3/4 ton

building a cage out of seamed mild steel tubing then rolling it 2nd trip and bending the cage...should have at least used DOM

Ray H said:
This is probably going to draw some heat,(although I dont know why, its my Jeep) but the biggest waste of money for me was lifting my XJ.
For the purposes I use it for (DD, forest roads, camping, ect.) it did just fine when it was stock. I dont really wheel anymore so theres no benefit to it being lifted.
at least it looks tougher.

Well it wasnt quite a waste bust on the subject of the cupholder i must say after seeing friends with the center console mounted cup holder i decided to "try" one of those smokeless ashtrays that hang from the window just took the lid off it & itl hold up to a 32oz cup without spilling it works pretty good for my couple bucks :p

I have a 97 shift shaft to go in, the type that bends back. I'm wondering if it will allow more room between the dash and the shifter where maybe I can get some custom cup holders to fit over there :)

scrappy again said:
I think the biggest waste of money I ever spent on a Jeep was taking the doors off.

Seriously.

I dont own heeps anymore though. :)

How can somthing that's free be a waste of money?

Don't forget that your time is worth money.

~Alex

alex22 said:
Don't forget that your time is worth money.

~Alex
Not mine.

jwtrapper said:
Exide Orbital Battery, they suck

What's it do, revolve around your engine? :eeks1:

my supercharger was a waste of money. i only gote like 20 hp and 3 mpg increase. its one of those superchargers that is an electric fan that goes inline with your intake manifold and they promised 10 mpg increase and 50 hp.....i cant keep a straight face any more. im going to bed.

Back